1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] chest stuck open - cannot access contents

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Widsith [MGT], Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

03/27/2018 10:13
    Title: chest stuck open - cannot access contents
    Reproduction Rate:?
    Blocker?Yes
    Details: Double clicked stack of items (boar carcass) in chest at /loc to move to inventory. Item was removed but simultaneously: chest window closed, chest stuck in inaccessible open mode, and (!) I was ported to the entry spot for my lot (???)
    Steps to Reproduce:Try the above. Going to relog to see if that resets state, and try the same again. ETA: Relog/resume fixed the problem. Not able to repeat as yet. Maybe a funky error state due to server load???
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5675R CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 6200 GPU RAM: 1536
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.749.Date.03.26.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End
    Area Display Name: Rift's End
    Loc: (45.3, 89.2, 3.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KDQ1LjMyOCwgODkuMiwgMy44NzcpfCgwLCAtMC44MTIsIDAsIDAuNTg0KXw1OTcuMzM4NHw1MC42ODMzfDEuMjU=

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

This exact same thing happened to me in a different POT. Got booted out of my house to the just outside the house stone. Went back in and chest is inaccessible.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Rhiannon
    @Widsith [MGT]

I am leaning more towards a theory that it isn't necessarily containers but a PoT refresh. That alone would cause problems opening containers and keep you off the lot (slow load ins can have this issue).
    Someone in-game reported that they saw one house near them vanish and then re-appear when this happened to them.

What I would like to do is collect any possible errors when this happens. If someone can use /debug and look for any errors in red. Clicking the tab on the right will expand this information. Clicking on the error and then scrolling down will allow you to auto open (and save) as a notepad file.

We will continue to review reports. You guys may have been inside your house at the time, but I'd be interested to know if any scene reloading is observed elsewhere in the scene at the time of the occurrence. I know this will be situational, however.

4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie Interesting theory, and I had something odd happen last night that may bear on it. Best as I can recollect:

Ported to RE (true tp to a guild member, not a recall) and ended up in front of my lot
    All deco items were missing (not usual with a port) as well as from surrounding lots. ETA: However, I was able to enter my lot.
    They eventually loaded in. ETA: I believe I had already exited the lot by then, since I suspected I would get kicked off.
    I went to do some crafting (skinning sheep). Most of the way through that I got a "Crafting error has occurred, try again" or something similar.
    Tried again, and the table 'ate' my carcass, and kicked me immediately out of crafting mode.
    Repeatable on the same table.
    Repeatable on another table of same type in scene.
    Changing scene caused the items that had gone missing (carcasses, a bass, some meat) to reappear in my inventory.
    Other types of crafting table were working correctly; relogging was necessary to get butchery tables working again.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie Just had the original problem recur, more or less. I was pulling things out of a chest, got booted off my lot, and got a "You do not have permission to remove items" error message. And yes, the chest can't be reopened now. I had been in the POT and on my lot for some time, so didn't relate to initial load in.

I did not have /debug running at the time. Bringing it up shows only one info error. I am alone in the scene ATM, so presumably scene master.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

No, I'm saying the behavior that was reported was similar to the initial load in. Player was in scene for some additional time before it happened.
    @Widsith [MGT]
    Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to repro it since the initial report came in. Is it an extremely full container by chance? The one I heard about was in Novia Market - also a busy PoT.
    How much time do you hang on your lot not even in the containers? My first suspicion was that most of us are already going through our stuff when we are on our lots, but if you spent a lot of time on your lot not in your containers at all (when it doesn't happen) it would be good to know.

Thanks for your help once again!

7. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Most of my time on lot is either sorting through containers or crafting (I have cooking and butchery tables on the lot, and some planter boxes). So yeah, odds that I'll get hit by a glitch are pretty good. The container in question was not particularly full, at least in terms of number of items. I was attempting to split a stack (shift drag) on the second occurrence, FWIW.

8. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

I was accessing a chest in a PoT while having two of my accounts online at the same house.
    One of my character opened a chest set to Trustee permission, and he was immediately pushed outside the lot to the lot marker.
    The chest is now in half-open state, and both accounts are unable to access the chest UI.

When the character that opened the chest has exited to the menu, and connected back in, issue resolved for both accounts (the other account stayed connected)

9. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie Had another occurrence identical to my first report. Didn't have /debug set, unfortunately (would be nice if it didn't almost cover up the tool bar, BTW). However, I may have a clue for you: Just after the glitch, with the chest stuck open, I did /who and it showed me alone in the scene. I relogged (resume, not relaunch) and the chest glitch resolved as before. I then immediately did a /who and there were two others in scene with me. It seems rather unlikely that they both just happened to arrive in the minute or so where I was logged out...

10. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie OK, scratch my theory just above. Had it happen again, and there was another avatar in scene, right outside my lot, both before and after the glitch. When asked, he had not observed any scene reload or other big graphic change, though he had not been looking for such.

11. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This issue should be fixed now. Let me know if it occurs again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.