Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Complete audio failure: sound and music gone mute

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by AnnaAlyria, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnaAlyria

AnnaAlyria Avatar

What can I do to have the audio back?

Reproduction Rate: all the time since it happened the first time, all of a sudden during the gameplay, without any change (options or hardware)

Blocker: No . The games goes on normally but mute

Details: I forgot where I was when it begun because I thought it was a hardware problem and didn't registrer the location at that time.
    But no matter where I go, there is no audio anymore. I check my hardware by using different softwares, and it's ok. SotA is the only one without audio.
    I even tried to reset the windows to an old restoration point, and reinstall SotA, but this audio failure persists.

Steps to Reproduce: just launch the game

User Specs: PC running Windows 8.1, 64 bit OS, 8Gb RAM Game version 50

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is something we have not been able to repro. In fact this is the first I've heard of this, I'm afraid. Sorry, but I'm gonna hit you with a wall of questions here. You mentioned you checked a few things but I'm not exactly sure what that is...
    Have you completed the Windows Audio diagnostic? (Can do a keyword search in your OS for it if you are not sure where it is) and checked the sound control panel? All the default devices are set up correctly?
    Have you updated your sound drivers?
    You mention software - do you have any 3rd party sound manager installed? This is the area where I think something is going on perhaps, something controlling what gets audio output.
    Device Manager - no ! appear in "Sound" category I hope?
    Are you still having issues with sound at this time?

@AnnaAlyria

3. AnnaAlyria

AnnaAlyria Avatar

I have run not only windows diagnostics but also the Dell hardware diagnostics, and there's nothing wrong with the audio. The drivers are updated . And the all the Audio options are set to maximum in the game. However, there is no music and no sound at all when I play it. :(
    The first time it happens, just restoring to an old windows restoration point solved the problem. But this no longer works. As I said, I even reinstalled the game. Nothing seems to solve the problem...Could it be something related to the internet broadband? Perhaps it just not downloading (sorry if it's a stupid thought, but I run out of ideas...)

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@AnnaAlyria
    Other than the default sound control panel do you have any other software installed that could control your audio output? Nvidia Control Panel for one? (Assuming you have an Nvidia)
    I don't think it is a broadband issue. Audio does take a good amount of bandwidth in general, but I don't think the symptom would be that you hear NO sound whatsoever.
    If you can do a /bug in game and paste the results here we can get a little bit of better idea as to what machine you are running, but truth to be told, I think this is going to require troubleshooting that goes beyond the game itself. Although it's only this game that is giving you audio problems, not any other games, it seems.

5. AnnaAlyria

AnnaAlyria Avatar

Yes I have NVidia GeForce GT 635 , but its audio is not connected. I have Realtek High Definition Audio as standard device.
    The strange thing is that it was working fine, and, without any change of configuration (maybe a hidden windows update??) it stopped working, just like that

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  6. AnnaAlyria

AnnaAlyria Avatar

2/13/2018 3:43 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: all the time
    Blocker: no
    Details:No audio at all
    Steps to Reproduce: Lauch the game
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 8143
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 GPU RAM: 967
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: Kingsport
    Area Display Name: Kingsport
    Loc: (100.1, 25.3, 6.3)
    Debug: S2luZ3Nwb3J0fHwoMTAwLjA2MiwgMjUuMzIzLCA2LjI1OSl8KDAsIDAuNjQ5LCAwLCAwLjc2KXw4MC45OTExN3wxMHw2Ljg1NzMzNw==

I launched another game I have here (offline) while SotA was running and its audio was ok, but SotA was still mute

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  7. AnnaAlyria

AnnaAlyria Avatar

Today, something strange happened. I was playing normally (although in absolute silence), and all of a sudden, the audio was back. I didn't do anything different, but there it was , back for a while. The music was ok, but the sound was all wrong. I was at owl's nest mines, and there was sound of doors opening, for example.
    And then I died, and the music and sound didn't change accordingly. It was like nothing happened while I was going to a ressurection point. But when I ressurected, the audio was gone again. It seems to me that this indicates it's really a bug of the game, don't you think?

8. AnnaAlyria

AnnaAlyria Avatar

My standard audio device is Realtek High Definition Audio, not NVidia. Sorry, I don't know what you mean when you say "Device Manager - no ! appear in "Sound" category I hope?" Is it something I should check in the control panel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.