Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Containers in (carp) table have number of items in table subtracted from max capacity

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

6/5/2018 2:08 AM
    Title:
    Containers in (carpentry) table have number of items in table subtracted from max capacity
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Putting a container on a the carpentry table, probably others, causes it to temporarily display the wrong maximum capacity. The number of items with it on the table (including it) is subtracted from the max capacity. So a wooden chest by itself will say 0/299. With one more item it will say 0/298.

The capacity numbers change to the incorrect 0/297 when autoloading the crafting table while reshaping chests. Reshape this chest and it becomes 0/299, then take to inventory and it's back to 0/300.

This happened after reshaping several chests in a row, which requires you to drag them up from inventory sometimes (because it autoloads one that's already reshaped), and other times it loads unshaped ones, and you can just hit go.

At some point it switches.

Edit: Relogged and it is still the same, so now I'm starting out with it saying 0/297, but I am sure that it was correct for during the first session.

Steps to Reproduce: Put a wooden chest on the carpentry table.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 24411
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.789.Date.06.04.18
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/S Mart Factorium
    Area Display Name: S Mart Factorium
    Loc: (78.1, 78.3, 18.7)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UyBNYXJ0IEZhY3Rvcml1bXwoNzguMTIzLCA3OC4yOTQsIDE4LjczOCl8KDAsIDAuMDM1LCAwLCAtMC45OTkpfDMwOC45NTA3fDQ4LjE4NDIzfDEuMjU=

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hmmmm.... when it pre-loads with a reshaped one, and I drag a wooden one (the unshaped default) up, as soon as I drop it, both the reshaped and the default say 0/296. Then I remove the reshaped one, and the default goes up to 0/297 again.

Aaaah.... so the number of items on the table are being subtracted, temporarily, from the maximum capacity of the storage chests on the table.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yep, has nothing to do with patterns. Putting a trunk in there by itself, 0/299. Put something else with it, 0/298.

4. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

I think this may be intended:
    part of the container in container functionality is that the top container controls the total limit, so it's updating the current limit of the nested containers based on when the top one would fill.

Putting a bag in a dresser shows the bag 0/150 because the dresser is now 1/300 and can have more than 150 more items.
    Putting a dresser in a bag shows the dresser 0/149 because the bag is now 1/150 and can have 149 more items, so containers within it also cannot have more than this added.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So there's a bug in there somewhere. Gift boxes don't have the number subtracted, so one way or the other there are 2 different things happening.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm sorry, but I'm confused by this thread. @HuntedHunt 's response is basically what mine would have been :)

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well then something is going on with Gift Boxes, because they do not display this behavior. Put them on the table and their capacity stays the same.

8. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

What's the normal maximum for gift boxes? If it's less than the container it's in, it wouldn't have it's maximum reduced right away as you could fill it up and still have room to spare in the parent container.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Isn't a crafting table 15 pieces max? If that was working then the chests wouldn't be having this show up.

Gift box is 150.

But you may be right, I put a backpack on the table (150 max) and it didn't have it's quantity decreased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.