Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Cyannis's Report Can't be submitted (UI Bug)

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by languard, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. languard

languard Avatar

• Title: Cannot turn in Cyannis's report to Godbert.
    • Reproduction Rate: 100%
    • Blocker? Yes, cannot turn quest to see if anything is past it.
    • Details: When talking to Cyannis in Highvale, the game was a little slow to recognize that I had talked to him. My quest objective did not change until after I left the Highvale gate. Upon returning to Resolute, Godbert would not prompt me to turn in the report.
    • Steps to Reproduce: Get the quest in Resolute from Godbert, travel to Highvale and talk with Cyannis to get the report, and return to Resolute.
    This bug was reported in Release 41 as well.

Kara Brae likes this.
  2. languard

languard Avatar

Update:

This is a UI problem. Every single quest that I have encountered so far that has an item to turn in provides a conversation word to trigger the trade screen. No such word comes up in conversation with Godbert. When I went into my journal to remove it from being tracked, I noticed the journal entry told me to enter a phrase. Entering the phrase enabled me to complete the quest. This will cause deep confusion for players, as it did for me.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Heavens, this is so frustrating. Sometimes when you return to a quest-giver simply speaking to him opens the trade window so you can hand over the quest object. Other times there is a key phrase offered that you have to click on. And now sometimes you must refer to your journal for the correct phrase to enter??? It looks like the devs have three different people doing quests and each one does the quests differently. And why the heck can't we enter "Cyannis" here to get Godbert to respond?

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Kara Brae
    Did the workaround of using the phrase help complete it for you?

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Using the phrase "help" in the dialogue? No. The only thing that worked was entering the phrase in the Journal entry that never appeared in the dialogue.

6. languard

languard Avatar

I clicked on every single dialog option available, including help. Nothing triggered the trade screen. The only way to get the trade screen is to enter in the exact phrase.

7. HappyWlad

HappyWlad Avatar

No it did not.

4/14/2018 10:51 AM
    Title: Stuck on Take Cyannis' Report to Godbert
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: No option to give the report to Godbert in any scenario. I've tried clicking on all of the dialogue options including "scout". I tried typing in, "I have a report from your scout". And I have tried typing in "Cyannis", whom Godbert doesn't recognize.
    Steps to Reproduce: Receive quest from Godbert, Talk to Cyannis, Receive "Knight Cyannis' Report", Return to Godbert, Godbert will not accept the report.

Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KDEzLjc3NywgODEuNzksIC0xNTEuNjgxKXwoMCwgMC4zNTksIDAsIC0wLjkzMyl8MjgzLjMwOTV8MTQuNDgxMTV8MS43MjcwNw==

8. Owlbear

Owlbear Avatar

4/15/2018 10:17 PM

Title: Cyanis won't accept report
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? yes

Details: I got the trade screen to appear once when asking about assist and then scout, but foolishly exited the dialogue so that I could read the report myself before handing it over. After than I encountered exactly the same error as everyone else.

Steps to Reproduce: Recieve quest, get report from Cyannis, return to Godbert, say scout, close trade window, say goodbye. Speak to Godbert, say scout, trade window does not open. Instead Godbert says "Please return with Knight Cyannis' report as soon as you are able, friend."

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 15972
    GPU: AMD CAYMAN (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.13.0-38-generic, LLVM 6.0.0) GPU RAM: 2027
    SotA.Linux.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (14.3, 81.8, -152.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KDE0LjMzNCwgODEuNzkyLCAtMTUyLjA1MSl8KDAsIC0wLjc0OSwgMCwgMC42NjMpfDM3Ni45NzE4fDcuOTM2NTY0fDM=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.