Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Desync after patch is Worse!

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by EclipseMaiden, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

1/8/2017 6:02 PM
    Title: Desync after patch is Worse!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: been to deep ravens wood and wormsands and craig foothills
    Steps to Reproduce: Any multiplayer or party mode in any zone the desync is super bad!
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 8143
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6100
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.536.Date.01.06.17
    Area: HiddenVale_Desert_Tier4
    Area Display Name: Wyrmsands
    Loc: (-157.6, 118.0, -43.2)

EDDYCORP, Dariog and Woftam like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Any details for the report? Any way to try and get this to occur in a controlled environment? Perhaps between two players in Friends Mode? Or does it need half a dozen people running around fighting stuff?

Any kind of clarification on what gets this to occur and how to trigger it would assist greatly!

Thank you.

3. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

Well I was with draugur in friends mode in deep ravens and it was occuring after every mob.

Dariog likes this.
  4. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

Also, i was in wormsands with dariog and draugur in friends mode and the sync was in there as well!

Dariog likes this.
  5. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

they both saw me running in the same spot when i was right next to them across the map

Dariog likes this.
  6. Attenwood

Please describe the sync. What behaviors were you seeing between other players, mobs in the scene, etc?

7. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

When it was just two people: one person would see me running in place and could not see the mob attacking me. Sometimes we observed the mobs not moving. Then sometimes I could not see where my team member had gone to. When they told me where they were i would go to that spot and not see them there.

Dariog likes this.
  8. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Sometimes I will see another player running in place about 50 yards behind where I am. They think I am still standing beside them, where I was shortly before. If I attack mobs, they will still see me back there beside them, but they see the mobs getting hit far away, at my actual location. Then after a while, the other person will zoom very quickly forward to catch up with me. This has happened many times, in several different areas. It happens both in multi and friends mode.

Chatele and EclipseMaiden like this.
  9. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

@Attenwood
    Mobs seem to behave normally, one person usually will appear to have stopped moving and or will be walking on the spot.
    We notice and often ask "are you coming" and they always reply "Im standing next to you"
    After a short while the person who is de-synced will zoom across the screen and rejoin where they really are in-game.

I believe the mobs also see the de-synced player where we see them - walking on the spot where they de-synced, as I have noticed that member sometimes dies.

I also would like to note; de-synced player is in combat mode and when they drop out of combat they usually instantly sycncronise back up with the party.

I have not tested this in multiplayer only in Friends mode

EDDYCORP, EclipseMaiden and Dariog like this.
  10. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

@Attenwood
    I have noticed exactly the same things Peabo described. I play most of the time solo in Friends mode, and I have never experienced any problems there. However, every time I play in multi or in a group in Friends, the de-synch occurs. It often seems to get worse the longer you have been in the area, but sometimes happens immediately after entering. The problem is serious, as it makes the game near-unplayable. This de-synch problem has never happened for me, in any mode, before the current release.

EclipseMaiden and Peabo like this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Someone suggested to me to get to the zone I want to farm in, then close the game right down, restart it and resume in the zone. I have been trying this is it has seemed to help with the dsync problem. Its still not perfect, when you have 8+ people in the zone, it can still happen, it just happens a lot less.

I have dropped ring of fire on some mobs, and watch the mobs run to where a was a bit ago, and start attacking and hitting me even though I am not there. I have to quickly get back over there and kill them before they kill me, running further away will not help. I hope this helps give a little more insight to what the problem might be to get it resolved.

EDDYCORP likes this.
  12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I have had the same issues in MPO mode while hunting bears in deep ravens wood ... My arrows will start to go in an arch circle, the bears will attack me when I did not initiate the fight and was no where near them ... the bears will lag and sometimes not do anything, then all of a sudden they are right in my face ... I see other peoples effects when they are no where in sight, I hear arrow sound and no one in sight, Thought it was from me, but, my weapon was sheathed .... etc same ole problems reported in other threads.... BUT at least my skills work ....

13. Attenwood

UPDATE: We have successfully identified a cause for position desyncs internally, and are releasing what we believe to be a fix with patch 538.

Note: Some anomalies may still be observed if there are players in the scene still using an older patch (536 or before). We will fix this shortly as well.

Thanks!

14. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

just tried patch 538 and still desync, took me 1 minute of fighting spiders in DRW with 4 other people in instance on multi, patch no worky

15. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Playing with old client players still cause issues, but sync is working fine in a group of players playing all with 538 :)

Good job!

16. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

After the patch on 1/11/17 I started having severe desync and lag issues. I found that if I went into my firewall and removed permissions for SOTA and then gave it permissions back this seems to have cleared up all of the issues I was having. no more lag no more desync no problems of any kind after doing so.

I had this issue on a system running Windows 7 home and also on a system running windows 10

17. Attenwood

We only just recently set to force the minimum build number to match 538. Going forward, please report any new position desync issues observed.

Thank you.

18. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

Actually I should have specified the issues I was having started right after installation of patch 538>:p

19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

My guild mate from Australia is on the same POT instance with me.. I can see his bear, but I cannot see his player character :(

This is patch 538

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.