Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Disabling shot not procing diminishing returns

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Brass Knuckles, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Getting chain shot diminishing by archers I dont get diminising returns -20% debuff or buff depending on your point of view.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Chain Shot? Can you go into detail what you are reporting please with a specific example where you observed this? We always need repro cases so there are zero misunderstandings or assumptions on our part on what you are reporting, exactly.
    (I am very familiar with archery if this helps you explain further.) Thanks!
    @Brass Knuckles

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Watching my debufs i see the 20% crowd control making it lets say harder and harder to be "chained stunned" disabling shot like many others is a crowd controll but I dont get those added to my debuff stack.

So in theory a archer or 2 can spam disabling shot on a melee guy and keep them rooted. Also things like skewer and say bash share the same debuff diminishing return disabling shot sgould be in this same category.

Tbh im not sure of the reproductive rate but ive noticed it many times not stacking a debuff on the 20% debuff for cc.

4. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

Crowd control only affects stuns, knockbacks, knockdowns, roots and mezmerise. Slows have never triggered crowd control buff. The reason is because there are AoE slows and theoretically, you can just walk into them to get immunity after triggering it 5 times. I dont think they ever intended slows to give the CC buff. Same thing for the slows from the water tree. They dont trigger it. For the same reasons.

p.s.: I believe he is referring to Disabling Shot in the Archery tree. It can be removed with Purify afaik

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Valid point on the aoe effects, disabling shot is a single target slow though. From a pvp perspective I think this needs to be looked at. For example If I am heavy armor mace both my bodyslam and all my other mace abilitys compete against this diminishing return effect, but if im a chain lightning archer my two cc do not even compete heck one does not even trigger diminishing.

6. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

Trust me, you arent the first to come across this issue :D
    You will be told that they have charges, sprints, engage, purify, etc to close the gap.... blah blah blah,... i understand completely where you are coming from but it may fall on deaf ears. Still worth mentioning it again though. It is currently a must have in PVP because of this (i always use the AoE Ice field since it is so big and creates a perma-gap against meleers) but they just might not agree on a way forward with this until they get back to balancing the magic trees. Good Luck :D
    If you do get them to nerf it, I know a lot of dragon hunters that will get PISSED!!!!!!!!! LOL

p.s.: if you are a heavy armor mace, just use cover against archers, they are useless against it, then go stealth and sneak attack insta kill :p
    as a mace heavy armor, you dont have to worry about cover mechanics against you, that is the give and take that most combination give out

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Just keeping it simple, its a cc and should fall in the rules of diminishing.

@Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.