Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Equipped items portion of inventory is missing

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Bug Forum' started by Lord Merlin, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

1. Title: Equipped items portion of inventory is missing
    2. Reproduction Rate: [NEW] 100% using scenario in later post - [Original] Intermittent - I cannot make any conclusions about when this happens, but it does at various times
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details:When one views one's inventory, the section of greyed-out equipped items is not present. When I am in various situations, I want to examine these items to evaluate how close to unusable they are.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Unsure - I just play and check and often the problems is observed. I have seen it in shops, in towns, in mines, and on the overland map. When I first log in, I have not seen the problem. After I play a while I check my inventory and the equipped portion is gone. Sometimes after that it may be present again, but very seldom.
    6. User Specs: Win 10, QA 64.539 - I also reported this in the previous release and observed it in even earlier releases. A few releases ago this did not happen.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Lord Merlin - Thank you for reporting, but your issue is a little unclear.

Are you talking about equipped tools (mining pick, etc.)? If so, there is a settings "gear" icon on the inventory window that gives you an option to show/hide the "equipped" items. If it is set to hide, they won't appear in your inventory. If they are set to show, they will appear (gray) in your inventory list.

If you are talking about normal weapons and armor, the items you have equipped will not show in your inventory window, but you can view them on your paper doll character sheet ("C" key). These may at times appear in merchant windows if you are on the sell tab, which may lead to some of the confusion.

If you can reply back with more specifics, maybe we can get this figured out.

Lexie likes this.
  3. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

My option is set to show equipped items. I never change it.

I am talking about the crafting items or tools that are equipped, not weapons or armor. Sometimes they are in the inventory list, in the grayed out manner. Sometimes they are not.

4. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

An example. This scenario took about 15 minutes.

Logged in on Tom Merlin. Logged in at Whyte Roc POT on docks.
    Opened inventory.
    Put some things in the bank. My equipped tools were visible in the inventory, grayed out, as one would expect.
    Left Whyte Roc via the options menu to avoid the siege.
    Journeyed to Etceter and entered Etceter.
    Went an looked at the merchants near the public crafting hall to open a bug.
    Went to the waterfront buildings to see what had changed.
    Talked to the Chaos Skills trainer and purchased the second tier skills I did not have.
    Went to the bank and withdrew one gold COTO.
    Went to a +5 crafting table and repaired my bow using the COTO.
    Left Etceter using the options menu to avoid the siege.
    Once outside I opened my inventory and none of my equipped tools were displayed in my inventory.
    Toggled "Hide equipped tools". No equipped tools were displayed.
    Toggled "Show equipped tools". No equipped tools were displayed.
    Closed inventory window.
    Opened inventory window. No equipped tools were displayed.
    Returned to Whyte Roc via the overland map and entered.
    Went to the banker on the dock and opened the inventory window. No equipped tools were displayed.

That was the end of the exercise.

Usually, once the equipped tools stop being displayed, they will never be displayed again until I restart the game. I can't say always, but I do not ever remember a case where they suddenly started being displayed again. If I look at them in different windows, they do appear. For example if I go to a merchant and attempt to sell items from inventory, they will be displayed and they are grayed out as expected. If I go to a crafting table, in the inventory on the crafting table, they are displayed and grayed out, except the one in use at that table which is displayed in a different color. The problem appears to be localized to the Inventory display window. After doing those operations, the Inventory window still does not show the equipped tools.

This problem only started happening 2 or 3 releases ago (not builds, releases). Before that I never saw this problem.

5. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

I tried another scenario.

I logged on to Lord Merlin (character is John Merlin). He was on the overland map near Etceter. Equipped tools were displayed.
    I ran to Whyte Roc and entered. Equipped tools were displayed.
    I went to the banker on the dock and withdrew 1 gold COTO. Equipped tools were displayed.
    I did a few other things. Equipped tools were displayed.
    I went to the crafting table and repaired a bow using the COTO. Equipped tools were displayed.
    I left Whyte Roc using the options menu, the "Exit to Menu", chose "Exit", chose "Leave Now", and waited until I could select "Start on World Map".
    Once I was on the world map I opened my inventory. Equipped tools were NOT displayed.

The trigger for this problem appears to be related to exiting a scene using the options path. I use this often to avoid serious run times to leave an area and always to leave a scene that is under siege.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  6. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

I reproduced the problem on the current release (not on the QA release) using the following steps:
    • Fresh load of Win.64.645. Started on overland map. Equipped tools were displayed.
    • Entered Whyte Roc. Appeared on dock. Equipped tools were displayed.
    • I left Whyte Roc using the options menu, the "Exit to Menu", chose "Exit", chose "Leave Now", and waited until I could select "Start on World Map".
    • Once I was on the world map I opened my inventory. Equipped tools were NOT displayed.

7. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

So, now that I reproduced this is sits in info needed??? Thinking this project isn't worth any more of my time.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

9. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Avatar

OK, nice that you mentioned it. Seems my way of reproducing the problem is easy and not mentioned. Oh well, at least I have some feeling that maybe the problem will be fixed. Still not very heartened by the communications I have observed.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.