Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Healing Blast

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Lockey2, Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

8/16/2017 9:03 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no
    Details:periodically When I am healing Healing Blast will suddenly gray out and I cant cast it. I have LOTS of regs plenty of mana etc
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 8091
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6049
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.645.Date.08.03.17
    Area: Novia_R3_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: K'rul
    Loc: (19.1, 136.0, 333.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDE5LjA5LCAxMzYsIDMzMy4xMjIpfCgwLCAwLjAzMSwgMCwgMSl8MTgwMy41Mzd8MTUuMjk4MjF8OS4wNjMzMjM=

Notice the spell in the first slot. Its Healing Blast. Can't cast it.

[​IMG]

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

happens for me only when nobody is in reach to be healed, because it can't target self only others

3. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Will check that just to be sure.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I've seen this happen when the players ARE in reach but it was right after the introduction of healing blast to the live servers. Other players were reporting it as well. I have not been able to repro it since. At the time I did see it, it maybe had a 10% repro rate.
    Let us know if you find out more about it. I haven't seen it in awhile and I haven't seen any other recent reports of it. I'm wondering if the monkeys here are blocking it OR maybe you just cannot heal them right when they are getting knocked back.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Well, I tested it tonight and I was within 2 squares of my target. I was facing my target. I had plenty of mana, reagents. Healing Blast would come up and nothing. It was grayed out and I was unable to cast it. This happened several times. Occasionally it would be grayed out until just as it was dropping past the point I could cast it. Not sure what is wrong with it.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Lexie

@Lockey2 Can you break down how it happened? I'm not sure if this was also in the monkey room. Which scene, how many other players in party, what kind of mobs? Were some of the new re-pops of the glyph working while others never did?
    The only hunch I have right now on this is it might be knockback related (maybe). I'm curious if it happens anywhere else other than K'Rul.

7. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Can try to test it in another location and no there was no knockback(it grays everything out). It is very unpredictable as to when it decides to go gray on me. Also when I was 2 square from my target wasn't on my back either which is usually what knockback does to me as well.

8. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Healing Blast will suddenly gray out even though I am close enough to the target, I have lots of regs, mana. Not "Shocked or knockback" affected. It will suddenly gray out. Sometimes(Though rarely) it will suddenly un gray but normally not till a new set of gliffs comes up.
    On average I carry between 350-400 of each reagent. I have TONS of focus(700+)
    Not out of range
    Sometimes the glyph will pop up and not be gray but suddenly gray out even though conditions are ideal other times it pops up grayed out and stays grayed out. I so wish I had the ability to film it for you.

9. Lexie

Filming isn't necessary, but I appreciate the thought. I've seen this bug before, I've just not been able to repro it since.
    Were you in the Monkey Room again? Has anyone seen this in another scene or against other type of mob?
    @Lockey2

10. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Actually last night we were helping a guildie get his Avatar CLoak and we were at a couple of the Colossus/ Serpents Spine Mines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This last one is my basement. Thank you btw for hanging in there on this.

11. Lexie

Hey, I thank you for the details :D
    I've added your bug info to #: 49302.
    @Lockey2

12. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Whew! Thank you so much for your help. Also want to thank Raven for her help so I started giving you more info on this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.