Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Hitching

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by 2112Starman, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I spend a good amount of time last night exploring the new Seq Collosus but I was still noticing a lot of hitching in game.

fantalio likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the report. Could you elaborate on the hitching you're observing? It is happening when doing any specific actions? Opening/closing UI? Turning the camera rapidly? Perhaps how long have you been on the client? Do you experience hitching when you first start the game, or after a significant amount of time playing for several hours and changing between many scenes?

Do you notice what your memory performance is at during these times when you're hitching a lot?

Any details you con provide about the nature of your hitching events would help us investigate further. Thank you.

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I just cant help you much. I just dont think I can make a lot of those determination from our client side.

I've never been able to track down hitching in game. To me, it felt no different then R42. It happens all the time it seems, especially noticeable in combat. It obviously worse the longer the client is up but it wasn't up all that long last night. It seemed pretty bad in the new Seq Collosus, which was real noticeable since I'm running across bridges and jumping around cliffs (which makes you really worry about falling).

The only thing I can do is send you my streams and see it happen as I play it, but I dont stream QA's (cant obviously).

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Zoned into Sequence colossus.

moved forward 20 feet, went into combat mode, switched bar to buffs, on 3rd cast it hitched.

Could be anything but thats about all I got.

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ran to the right towards the ruins in combat, a skel melee cam running at me, as it got to me and just about started to attack it hitched.

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

opened up my bag to use my food, right as I was trying to click on the food to use it, hitch.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Got to the ruins, got jumped by a good 6=7 skels. Had 2 major hitchs when trying to kill them, real bad type with sounds rapidly repeating. Then one more as I looted them.

8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Got jumped by 4 more as I was writing that last posts, 2 more hard hitchs during the combat with sound repeating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.