Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed]I can no longer see nameplates

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Rentier, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

1. Title:No nameplates are shown for me
    2. Reproduction Rate:now 100%
    3. Blocker?inconvinient
    4. Details:after having the combat glitch (see https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nger-shown-with-nameplates.90392/#post-815994) with no info shown on HUD (I toggled all nameplate - options) i got back to the camp and did not see any nameplates
      but I saw them before going out to hunt the undead - so now I'm stuck with no info on the HUD for other Players or NPC's
      to toggle the Large nameplates and Chat Bubbles it takes about 5s to apply or remove the tick
      Location Solace Bridge Outskirts after about 2h ingame (on entering it was fine)
      went to soltown no change in behaviaor after toggling all nameplate options to inverse checking and then back...)

5. Steps to Reproduce:log in with my account and encounter any NPC or PC
    6. User Specs: see sig

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm sorry to hear this.
    Hit N for me just to see...I wonder if one of the settings changed the name toggle/on off by default.
    Does that fix it? If you go back and change your settings to back to where they were - using your prior comment as a guide - there is still no change in seeing nameplates at all?
    @Rentier

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Nope hitting N does nothing for me - going to try to default settings and if that doesn't help then deleting my profile to see if it works again

Edit went to my hometown Dragomir Mori (was renamed) and hit N and I could see the town crier and the banker nameplates again - toggling with N seems to work on those two
    BUT on the other NPC-Merchants only 5 (combat Cooking Crafting Weapon and Decoration Merchantout) of seven the nameplate can be seen (not from Erica -sells houses and basements etc and Kevin seems to be Weapons again)
    I spoke with all 7 but those 2 don'T show up - moving out to see if I now can see other nameplates

@Lexie

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

it seems it works only partially and with way lower range than before
    in Soltown also not all NPC show up (e.g. Harry in Soltown and i did speak with him before R42)

seems Edwin the tailor also does not acknoledge me and some other players also

so N is a partial hit, but it seems some Quest-NPC and some PC are broken for me

now on to a fight and see if the enemy works again

Lexie likes this.
  5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie and it seems to show only nameplates of other Players with whom i already spoke or which are already in the instance of the map as i entered but not the ones incoming anew

and for the enemy the N key works so i can see the dmg-numbers again and the corpses

6. Lexie

@Rentier Any chance you can get a screenshot of a player you interacted with (nameplate) near player that just entered the scene (no nameplate)

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie I have one screen with player chars but not all nameplates are shown[​IMG]

8. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie I think the update to 610 did it - the nameplates are all back so far (but only with 2 other players around) but the line of sight to get it is way too low...

9. Lexie

@Rentier
    Thank you for the update. I found two others having this problem last night and they confirmed 610 fixed it for them as well.
    In terms of the line of sight being too low, that is something we will have to review from a design standpoint. I appreciate it.

Rentier likes this.
  10. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

I'm having the same problem in Build 612. More sparsely, but now I have the "X-ray vision" problem, i.e. seeing enemy nameplates through walls, as reported by Alley Oop here.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i've only seen that in the epitaph, though @Elnoth reported it in crag mines. that's probably scene-specific and you should report the scene.

12. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

Thank you @Alley Oop, I had the issue in Etceter Mines, too, posted screenshot and Loc info in your thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.