Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Instruments will not work for ME!?

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by Saladid, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

1. Title: Artifact Instruments will not work for my char.
    2. Reproduction Rate: Any Artifact Instrument in my hands
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details: I have multiple artifact instruments that will not work for me. I have downloaded ABC files and place them in proper folder, then made macros to /play (abc file). I have also just used ingame music sheets to with no luck. OTHER people say they can hear the music and see me with buff but I can assure you I am not getting that buff. EX. i have had fleet flute work for one day before this issue started to happen. i am not getting any move speed on over world map or in scenes.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Give my char any instrument with any sort of artifact effect. It will not buff me OR others.
    6. User Specs:
      CASE: Fractal Design Define S Black Window Silent ATX Midtower

MOTHER BOARD: MSI Z170A SLI Plus LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel

VID/GRAPH CARD: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1070 SEA HAWK X 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 220-P2-0650-X1 80+ PLATINUM 650W Fully Modular EVGA

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133

FANS: because I had the space

SCREEN (MAIN): SAMSUNG S24D300H Black 24" 2ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD/LED Monitor, 250 cd/m2 DCR Mega Infinity (1000:1)

SCREEN (SECOND): OLD

CAMERA: Logitech HD Webcam C615

MIC: Audio-Technica AT2020USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone

CHAIR: It works pretty well

BUTT CUSHION: Saves my ass.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

last i knew, that was intended.

hmm.. actually what you're describing is something else. never mind!

3. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

Issue has gone strange today nov 28th fleet flute has totally disappeared form my inventory (i just had in nov 27th)?! I have checked my data file logs and looked for word (fleet) (flute). to see if i may have salvaged it or if it was stolen, nothing comes up in the files. very strange

4. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

OK i have acquired a NEW fleet flute. Its also DOES NOT give me buff when i play it. I also can not hear the music I am attempting to play.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Change your music sheet. I carry 2 music sheets so I can switch when that happens.

Valor likes this.
  6. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

ROFL

your music sheet is messed up man. lol
    i need a drink....

PS, r48 has a bug where sometimes you need to put the sheet of music back into its slot. this used to be a bug 5 release ago but it turned up again. Though it may not be your case

Mac2 likes this.
  7. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

hummm. So far i have tried downlaoding an abc file. switching music sheets. Typing /play (abc file). and nothing seems to work. clicking the music sheet. not sure what else to try.

8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Saladid
    I'm not able to repro I'm afraid. I'm seeing the buffs from various artis and getting the music.
    I'm assuming that instruments volume (not just music) is turned up in your audio settings? Since others can hear it and you can't? Do you hear anything if you hit notes manually? I assume non-arti instruments play a sound for you?
    In case this is related to any kind of file corruption you may want to possibly try a clean re-install.

Another thing I would try that would be much quicker for you is using typing /debug in the chat window. A bar will appear at the top of the screen. Look at the red icon "Error" and see if that number changes from 0. If it does, hit the button on the far right to get more information on the error. It will allow you to copy it as a file, as opens it as a txt doc. That would be the info we want to review. It may give us some specific clues as to why it isn't working for you. Be sure to type /debug before you equip. Typing /debug again will return your UI to looking normal again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.