Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Inventory Weight changing - Math error?

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

7/22/2017 11:45 AM
    Title: Inventory Weight changing - Math error?
    Reproduction Rate: Twice
    Blocker? No
    Details:

No buffs that wore off while this was happening. No buffs at all the first time it happened, devotional buff with 9 hours left on it the second time.

I am transporting about 280 kilos worth of stuff to stock up for Diamond Fields Crafting Time, several times.

First time I noticed this I was underweight when I teleported, and arrived overweight! Looking at my encumbered noticed, it was "overweight by < 0.0"

Second time I was actually teleporting, and half way through it aborted because now I was suddenly overweight. I had to drop a bit in order to teleport.

Steps to Reproduce: Get your weight up to the limit, and you might need to have a heavy weight limit in order to see the rounding errors.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16322
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GPU RAM: 995
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.629.Date.07.07.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (89.6, 38.2, 241.0)

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot, Reporting this issue is truly appreciated. It has been added to the Bug Reporting System for Development Team review. It is very close to the change to Release 44. Several items have been corrected for this release. The Development Team is very busy working on major issues prior to this release. If you do not receive a Developer response to your issue, please resubmit in the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Gamician resubmit even if I don't experience it again?

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I cannot repro and I'm within a weight of 1. Looks like exact repro steps will be necessary. We would like to try to reproduce it exactly how it happened to you. Otherwise, we may end up spending a lot of dev time and still not be able to figure it out...
    @Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I'm seeing other weird weight issues that probably aren't helpful. Today, I was taking bags that had items that weighed 8.1, renaming them and putting them back in the bank. Their weight changed to "1". When I removed them again and put them in my pack, they said 8.1. Back in the bank, some changed to 1 and others 8.1. It seems to be a synch issue as they all have changed now.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm in QA Build 530 now, and I just did it again, not involving teleportation.

This time I was .3 overweight.

I destroyed 1 Black Pearl, which says it weighs. .1. The display didn't change, still .3 overweight, I am assuming it actually weighs .05 due to the weight of a stack of 42 being 2.1.

I destroyed 2 of something that were each .1. Weight dropped to .1 overweight.

I destroyed a Corprion Poison gland, which is .1. My weight dropped to even with my carrying capacity, but I was still encumbered.

Mouse over showed "You're encumbered by < .1."

A few seconds later, the encumbered icon disappeared.

Ok.... a few minutes later and my carrying capacity is now up .3 more than it was when I was destroying things to get it down. I would submit this as a separate bug but I think it's related.

Standing here moving things in and out of inventory for the next five minutes and nothing weird has happened again. I'll keep trying but it doesn't look like this will have an easy replication path. Maybe my inventory weight changing is a good clue.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, so this is big. @Lexie my carrying capacity just dropped .3 again. It may be the cause of this whole issue, not sure. So to reiterate, with numbers:

I started today with a 258
    After mucking in inventory, it jumped to 258.3
    I zoned a few times to see if I could replicate what may be a symptom of this, (this could be the actual problem)
    Zoned into Soltown, and suddenly my capacity is back down to 258.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

On a new build, capacity is back up to 258.3

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Back down to 258.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.