Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Journals and quest tracking

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by DavidDC, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Most of the quest tracked and in my journal are quest i have already done. I guess they are buggued there.

Also there is no X button or something to close that interface or to move it. I try to move or close it because its right under the names list in party (we already have a hard time seeing names when grouped cause of all the buffs).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the report. Can you list which quests you're still seeing tasks for that have not been resolved?

Additionally, you have an option to toggle on and off the task list. In your controls menu at the bottom is an option to toggle the task list which needs a keybinding set manually.
    You can also manually remove tasks by right clicking them on the hud.

3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I got all this quest that im pretty sure i have done:

Escape the battlefield (thats the beginning quest..)
    Ask harry about red cloth (thats one of the first quest i did and i remember because i search harry for a very long time)
    Discover what divide siranto and khasi (i have the keystone already, so i guess its suposed to be done?)
    Speak with ming liang tan
    find samael in malice (already completed malice i have the 3 gem)
    go to harvest (already did the norgards quests with frigid battle and stuff)
    Enter skrekk (i already spoke to the king there)

- I also have a few without a title:
    Captain cudgel requested that i meet with Khasi, one of the ruler....(etc)
    Martin the merchant clearly despises the solace bridge..(etc)
    This "Free Man" miriam..(etc)
    I have defeated anapa, the warlord of the dead...(etc) (says i have to free sequanna but that was already done)

I maybe have 2 more quest there but they doesnt ring any bell, i think i was on those, all other (those that are named here) have already been done pretty sure.

4. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Hi, I cant seem to get this quest log off my screen... Ive right clicked "Hide Task on HUD" but it keeps saying 99 more tasks in journal and the tasks are Speak with Ivar.
    [​IMG]

5. Wuulfebear

Wuulfebear Avatar

Having the same issue. I've got quests I've completed but they're still in my log

1) Go to Harvest - already completed this quest with the 100k experience reward. Quest is still not "visaully in log" progressing past the "Go to Harvest" part. (not to mention it doesn't tell you who to talk to here anyhow - there's no one to advance the quest and I've spoken to EVERY NPC in town)

2) (Resolute) Deliver Felicia's letter to Barkley - I've already found Felicia and given her the letter to Barkley regarding having found her in her house of cats. However I've not had the quest remove from my quest log.

3) Travel to Jaanaford (that Bone-steel dagger quest) - I've spoken to the innkeeper at Jaanaford and she forwarded me to a town with fauns and satyr's. I can't recall the name, however I went there and spoke to a faun by the docks and he mentioned the dagger was from the titan on an area (can't recall the name of the location) however its a 5 skull area and you die when you try to get past the first scorpion due to being way overpowered. However, I'm about 3-4 steps ahead of the quest and its not passing there.

4) Travel to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye - I've already killed Min Liang and collected the keystone. Been to Necropolis and spoken to samael and already into the crypt of the avatar. (even though the place is way too overpowered for a solo person. I die repeatedly). However, its still way back before this point int he quest.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Same here - I made a thread last Release with remaining points in Quest book.

7. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks, I'll look into these. Adding to previous related JIRA 43894

Please note that you can clear your task list at a town crier.

8. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

@Lum the Mad Could you please tell me what to say to the town crier to clear the task list. all he keeps saying to me is Hmm.

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

didn't find it, too.

10. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

To clear task list with a town crier speak to them again if they give you 100GP the first time.

11. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I hope that this gets resolved - I do not want to reset everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.