Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Losing Tamed Pets

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Cind, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cind

Cind Avatar

I have lost 2 tamed pets now in Deep Ravenswood
    1. Title:Losing Tames Pets
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?yes
    4. Details:Losing pets after they die
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    I have lost two tamed pets now in Deep Ravenswood. I am knowledgeable in knowing what to do when a pet dies. Neither pet was brought back after I immediately logged out and even logged out of zone. Area is really iffy in places.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

That doesn't work anymore. Now though, you can cast pet rezz anywhere, not even near the pet and it will rezz. I have not tried this yet myself, but that is what they said when they made the changes.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Changing scenes will not resurrect a dead pet. This is by design. A pet that dies in a scene is still resurrectable, however, within the expected time-period of some minutes as indicated on one's taming necklaces.

The necklaces will indicate "Resurrectable" in red. You can cast to resurrect your pet anywhere, in any scene, as long as you have that necklace, and it will bring them back to life on that necklace to be summoned again.

4. Cind

Cind Avatar

Sorry it did not happen with me. I logged out. I went out of the zone to the overland map. Checked it again. I have been losing them and I thought that it was fixed. I don't know if it is just my character or what. I tame them. I know all the rules. Thanks I wish that would have worked, but no. I spent money on a feriocious red spider not too long ago. I bought it from the auction at the Owl's Nest so that I had it right away when I could tame them. Same thing happened, i spent like 15.000 gold or around. I have lost a heavy crocodile, Obsidian bear and something else.

5. Attenwood

We may be able to assist in restoring some of the lost pets if you would be able to provide a solid reproduction case for the issue you're observing, where you are not able to resurrect a pet from your tamed necklace after a pet had died.

6. Cind

Cind Avatar

I can resurrect my pets, it is if I don't resurrect and log out or go out of zone as soon as possible within 5 minutes. How do I do a report for that as if I am around battle I will get killed writing report. If I log out how can I write the report stating what area I was in. I would be glad to do it if it will work in those situations.

7. Attenwood

Players have 5 minutes from the time of their pet's death to get to a point where they can cast resurrect. They don't need to be within range. Simply have the pet's necklace available, which will allow it to occur.

Why are you logging out/leaving the zone if you want to resurrect the pet?

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You used to be able to do that attenwood, cind is trying the old way before the changes to rezz a pet by logging or changing scenes.

9. Cind

Cind Avatar

Ok I am doing it the old way. If it died and you could not find it or resurrect it because you were in battle you logged out or left zone. Mac is right what I am doing. I did not know things changed.

10. Attenwood

Please send me a PM of pets that you lost for verification. Thank you.

Apologies for the confusion.

11. Cind

Cind Avatar

Attenwood, Mac whispered me and told me that he had the replacements. I told him that since it was my fault I would retame them. He gave me a Red Ferocious Spider and several whistles and necklaces. Sorry for time I caused you over this. Next time i will try to make sure that it was not my fault before sending a bug report. Again thanks so much to Mac2 and you for helping me. You both are a great asset to SOTA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.