Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] MAP performance really bad

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Feeyo, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Hi,

The performance on the mini map is pretty bad. Zooming in/out or just moving it. The whole map freezes, lags.
    I have this problem on over world and all scenes currently.

liz_the_wiz and Ellrynn like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I've been running around on the World Map with no problems (performance wise). That crazy/wacky shadow flicker speed thing is a bit weird though. I wonder if that could be causing some people problems?

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.QA.Win.64.670.Date.04.23.18

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

New and different threads on this subject have been popping up, which makes it difficult to find specific patterns. So far we haven't found one. :(
    We've been having problems repro-ing this. Many have no problems loading the map while others seem to have this recurrence.
    Earlier today I recommended that someone check their antivirus program and firewall settings and get back to us.

It would be great if folks could post their /bug information here with the steps they have tried so far to resolve this issue. Playstyle habits should be mentioned (do you leave the map window up all the time? is it only in populate scenes?) and please mention the number of minutes/seconds it takes to load would help us see the bigger picture.

Thank you.

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

When I open my map for the first time after i log in I freeze up for about 5-10 seconds and the map does strange things. If it corrects itself, I'm good going forward in the session. However, If i log out and log back in and start the map again for the first time on the new session, I have problems again.

Sometimes it corrects itself, sometimes it doesn't and it's broken everywhere for the whole session. I would recommend relogging over and over and reloading the map each time to see if you can repro. @Lexie

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Feeyo likes this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Also for extra info: When walking in a scene and then moving the minimap while walking freezes it. Sometimes it just hangs for a minute and recovers. But some sessions like Paulie explained the minimap stays broken.
    Could it maybe have to do with that I also have https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/ open in a browser behind the game??

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

@Lexie
    Ok I found the problem. I can reproduce the problem on R52 and R53. It has to do with the game resolution, when on 1920 * 1080 the minimap works. When higher it freezes and lags.
    Video: https://streamable.com/uv384

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.