Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed]Mobs in South Drachvald Spur avoiding combat

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Kara Brae, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

1/23/2018 7:25 PM
    Title: Mobs in South Drachvald Spur avoiding combat
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? No
    Details: Maybe this is by design, but the bandits and skeletons in South Drachvald Spur don't seem to act like their counterparts in other scenes. Sometimes bandits seem to ignore me - one was practicing swordplay and he didn't stop even after I attacked him. Both skeletons and bandits run from me after I hit them a couple of times. One Ebon Cultist Fighter just kept running at me, then when I hit him, he ran away, recovering HP, then turned and ran at me again. This happened over and over until I finally got a critical hit and killed him.
    EDIT: The same happens with Corpions - they end up running away.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16322
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.619.Date.01.21.18
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: South Drachvald Spur
    Loc: (302.4, 36.8, 191.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoMzAyLjM2LCAzNi43NTIsIDE5MS45MzIpfCgwLCAtMC4zOTEsIDAsIDAuOTIxKXwtMTEwLjQ5NTd8MTIuNTgwNTJ8MS4yNQ==

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Kara Brae if you are too highlevel for the mobs they fear you and flee as far as the programmer lets them only to return to their starting position....

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This is interesting, but it doesn't make much sense, because how would a mob (even a corpion) know my "level"?

This behavior can't be common to all other low-level scenes now because the mobs (bears, boars) in North Midmaer way (also tier 2) didn't act this way.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Kara Brae
    What's your adventure level? You can find this out by hoving over your name on the paperdoll.
    I would kind of have to see it to really understand whether this is intended or bugged behavior.

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks for the reply. I am level 77. I just logged into the new patch (I was in the scene South Drachvald Spur) and did not experience the aberrant behavior of mobs fleeing from me. Bandits, skeletons and corpions attacked normally and did not stop attacking until dead. So either something changed in the patch, or the cowardly behavior I experienced yesterday was a glitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.