Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed] Mouse Pointer anomalies?

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Steevodeevo, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

This pre-dates R36 and I noticed it also in R35. Can't recall prior.

1. title: mouse pointer issues
    2. Reproduction Rate: regular / consistent
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: (1) The mouse pointer seems to jump sideways, to the left, when attempting to right click on books to get the option to pick them up. This is a regular occurrence to me. (2) the mouse pointer sometimes initially fails to recognise a click on the combat action icons. I have to click again to re-register the command. This happens most when running (legitimate clicks on icons that do work whilst moving), but not only when running. The two issues 'feel' to me like they re related to the same mouse pointer 'clunkyness' issue. I havent looked into updating my mouse pointer drivers yet but I do tend to keep stuff up to date.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: click on books
    6. User Specs: Win 10, NVidea card, up to date drivers. LOGITEC MX518 Mouse.

The mouse pointer seems to jump sideways, to teh left when attempting to right click on books to get the option to pick them up. This is a regular occurrence to me.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Could you please include screenshots of your game's video settings for us to review further? Thank you.

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Attenwood, do you mean my SOTA Video settings or my PC System video settings, and if so what specifically. Thanks.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

In-game video settings.

We suspect this might be tied to a known issue of resized windows using suboptimal resolutions in FullScreen mode that causes the curso to jump whenever right click was hit.

We will continue to investigate.

5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think you're spot on. I'm not absolutely certain, but pretty confident my issue started when I changed my desktop Res up to 2715 x 1527 to enable running SOTA at a higher resolution. Previously I was running SOTA at the same Res as my desktop, which was set to 1920 x 1080. I decided I preferred SOTA at 1920 x 1080, but left my desktop at the higher Res. I've just now switched my desktop back to 1920 x 1080, same res as the game, and will see if I still have a problem.

Update: after matching game Res to desktop at 1920 x 1080, right clicking the mouse still seems to still jump around (jumps about 1cm from right to left). Interestingly prior to me upscaling my desktop to 2715 x 1527 and now reverting back to 1920 x 1080, SOTA continues to offer me the option of 2715 x 1527 which was previously greyed out in the game menu options before I started messing with desktop settings.

Further Update! correction on above update! After a complete PC system reboot, with the game Res matching the desktop Res (currently both at 1920 x 1080), the cursor no longer jumps. The cursor is also considerably smaller, back to the size that I believe relates to res 1920 x 1080.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  6. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

I can confirm some mouse pointer anomalies too, but in a slightly different way.
    When i noticed first time i thought it would be an issue with my mouse or Windows or something because it felt very odd, sometimes like the mouse pointer is somewhere it shouldnt be and i had to search it on the screen.

I took a deeper look into it and found this things out:

After clicking on "Take all" at the loot window sometimes (like in 1 out of 20) the mouse pointer makes a slightly jump to the left, if that happens and you dont notice or dont take care about and you start to walk/run again with pushing both mouse buttons, the mouse pointer is moving while you change directions, looking above while running and so on and when you stop its again somewhere you woldnt expect it.

As i wrote, at first i didnt thought it is an SotA thingy, but somehow it seems so....

7. Woseids

Woseids Avatar

There is big Mouse bug ...the proplem is many player play different so none can translate where is the bug.
    But its simple
    If you hold rigth mouse button and the game work rigth ..the Mouse arrow never will apear us long you hold rigth mouse button and run or move or use other things
    But now (still hold rigth mouse button) an mob spwan or you hover over an other thing or you run or do different things ( all player play other ) the dament mouse arw apear on screnn and start jumping or you can turn only with half mouse speed and other thing.
    BUT i ( still hold mouse button) now when you hoverwith the DAMENT aperad mouse arrow on screen over an spell or an node or other things the Mouse arrow disapear and all work us normal
    and the same **** start from new
    Look into this **** bugt....all player have this **** bug but not all see it...its deepend hhow an player play...if an player use keyboards to move and doppleklicks the dont see ofthen this bug
    the bug is different on all player its how an player play the game
    we have testet with 10 different players and all palyer have theis mouse bug....but all player found it on other things
    1 player found it when he open bags
    another player found the bug when he change house items and so on

simple at the and there is big bug on the mouse Programming but not all see it or think its from windows or the mouse itself

at the and sorry for my bad english

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The mouse pointer is in fact an irritating issue. It starts on the log on screen. If you have your cursor centered over the launch game, double click and the screen changes to white before the Play button activates. When this screen comes up, your cursor will be in the lower left corner. Now in game there is a similar issue, but it has to do with the right mouse button. While that button is depressed, the mouse location does not change. It remains at the place where you left it before pressing the right button. I have always assumed that this was as designed so I always center the cursor before pressing the right mouse button. That way it will be there in the center of the screen when I release it. The OP complaint occurs occasionally for me, but really is not an ongoing issue. I wonder if when double clicking the book, he is accidentally pressing both buttons, causing the mouse to reappear slightly off target.

9. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Yes and exactly that is the point i tried to explain. Sometimes the mouse pointer is moving along when you are running, that causes trouble when you relase both buttons after you was running around a few corners.... then the mouse pointer is somewhere else than before... most times at the left or right edge of the screen.

Aldo likes this.
  10. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

@Attenwood
    1 of the anomalies:
    Happens to me all the time since new release, you can force it to happen while holding right mouse button to activate mouse look and opening a window like the skills trees while moving and then closing it, mouse will stay in mouse lock mode but you can see the cursor until you release right mouse button. You can still turn and play but the cursor is visible. Doesnt really affect me though. Its just a visual annoyance.

I was going to post a bug for this but I found this post. Its not the same issue so if you want me to post a separate bug, let me know.

Courcheval likes this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Another anomaly. If you resize the inventory gump by dragging the side or top, the mouse will jump to the center of the screen after the resize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.