Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Multiple: ranged attack interaction able to open gates from the inside

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Lord Tachys al`Fahn, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

4/18/2018 5:22 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100
    Blocker? no
    Details: When approaching the inside of a palisade gate with bow drawn (using longbow, haven't tested with other ranged weapons), mouse cursor goes green when within firing range of the gate, and interacting (dbl click or E key) with the gate fires an arrow, and gate opening animation commences. I have been observing this in R52 in every scene I have entered with a palisade gate (Sieges, Eastreach Gap, etc), and just observed this in Eastreach Gap in R53.
    Steps to Reproduce: Interact with palisade gate from the inside while bow is drawn and within bowshot of the gate.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 16275
    GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M GPU RAM: 4062
    SotA.QA.Win.64.664.Date.04.17.18
    Area: Novia_R4_Desert01_EastreachGap
    Area Display Name: Eastreach Gap
    Loc: (-50.9, 138.4, -127.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfRGVzZXJ0MDFfRWFzdHJlYWNoR2FwfHwoLTUwLjkzNCwgMTM4LjQ0LCAtMTI3LjY3Nyl8KDAsIC0wLjcxNSwgMCwgLTAuNjk5KXw5MS42NTM0N3wwLjE3NzYyMTN8MS45OTk5OTY=

Elwyn likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Lord Tachys al`Fahn
    Is this with auto attack on or off? Or does it not matter for you?
    BTW we have some fixes coming to these type of gates (I know they have been driving everyone crazy) to help some of the interaction problems. The fix isn't in yet. I am hoping it will also address this issue as well as a happy accident.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Auto or not makes no difference, and this works in both directions. Quite convenient when trying to beat a hasty retreat, and also lessens the time when entering, as I don't have to be at the gate to start the break in process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.