Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Musical instruments not working

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by MorpheusMemnoch, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

4/3/2018 3:15 PM
    Title:Musical instruments not working on single note or song
    Reproduction Rate: persistent
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: persistent since last patch
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16283
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4007
    SotA.Win.64.758.Date.04.02.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Verat Chaos
    Area Display Name: Verat Chaos
    Loc: (102.5, 38.0, 219.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWZXJhdCBDaGFvc3woMTAyLjU0NSwgMzcuOTk3LCAyMTkuMjM3KXwoMCwgLTAuNjk0LCAwLCAtMC43Mil8ODguMjgyNDJ8MTEuNDcyOTJ8OC42Njc5ODQ=

2. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

This started with me yesterday, I try to play a song with sheet music or from files and I equip the instrument but I do not see myself play or hear. Others hear me play and I do not. When other play I do not hear the music, nor do I see them play. I can still play and hear individual notes using the 1-9 keys. I was able to play music on Monday night, tried Tuesday and nothing.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16265
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.Win.64.758.Date.04.02.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Caelestis Canton
    Area Display Name: Caelestis Canton
    Loc: (-162.8, 75.5, 217.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxDYWVsZXN0aXMgQ2FudG9ufCgtMTYyLjgwNSwgNzUuNDUzLCAyMTcuMTY0KXwoMCwgMC42NTUsIDAsIC0wLjc1NSl8Mjc4LjExMzV8MTB8NS43MjYyMzU=

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@calkano (PAX)
    What instruments have you tried so far?

@MorpheusMemnoch
    I am not able to repro. I am hearing instruments all the time in game played by other players and I am as well. So there is something we gotta figure out here.

@Antrax Artek you stated you had this issue as well, so tagging you.

Can you all use the command /debug in game prior to playing music and then checking to see if any errors are generated? They would be next to the red dot (errors) and you can use the tab on the right hand side to expand to see what they are.

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  4. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

I tried lute, flute, piano, and cow bell. I also using in game sheet music and from the sheet music folder. I used /debug and did not see any errors.

5. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

6. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

ok I tried all of the instruments including the 5pc one man band, the debug only shows errors when playing the one man band using the number keys.
    The other single instruments play and show no errors using the number keys so it looks like that is fixed.

On expanding the errors generated by the one man band the first said "KGFdebug GUI in use calls onGUI which is non performant" then after that the rest of the errors were "Nullreference exception: object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I like to play music in game when I'm standing around waiting for whatever so I noticed it almost immediately and shortly after players were having connection issues i.e being kicked from parties and instances constantly being reloaded and giving us the "this instance will be closing" message.

I have since managed to get the one man band to work on saved music as well as the other instruments once I determined where that music should be in the appdata folder, not sure what changed there but after some copying and pasting I got them to work. although it seems that the flute has dropped an octave so I will have to re-write the flute parts of all my songs.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  7. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

I would like to ask for a change to the flute, instead of giving it the lower octave that has been added, it would make sense to make that a higher octave since that is how flutes sound, it will also mean existing songs transposed will not need to be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.