Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Nameplate/health bars appearing at feet of mobs instead of over their head

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Mishikal, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

After going into the options menu and enabling the health bar and nameplate bits under options, it placed them at the feet of enemy NPCs rather than over their heads, as in previous releases.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Having hard time to get this to reproduce, so it may be tied to enabling the option.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're having difficulty reproducing this. If you have a guess at how to get it to occur again using your method, additional details would help immensely! Specifically, the order of entering a scene and activating which game options to get this to occur. Thank you.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Ok. So this is my first time ever on the QA server. So all options for my avatar were at their defaults. I entered the Spectral Foothills location, and started fighting. I quickly noticed the lack of the nameplates/health bars. After I cleared out the set of mobs I initially engaged, I took a moment to enable those options. Then I went and fought the skeletons around Area: Spectral Foothills (Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines_Exterior) Loc: (-76.7, 56.1, 83.2). It was at that point I noticed this issue with the name plates.

I am consistently seeing this occur with my targeting reticle, even though it has stopped with the nameplate/health bar -- It consistently is locked onto the feet of the NPC instead of the upper body. I think it is because they are often laying down when I target them via "g".

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Attenwood Here's a good screenshot of at least the targeting reticle exhibiting this problem:

[​IMG]

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Attenwood All skeleton mages exhibit the targeting reticle issue at least in Spectral Foothills.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Attenwood Targeting reticle is still broken in build 456 for all forms of Skeletal Mages I've come across.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.