Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Nametag Bug

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

11/24/2017 10:58 PM
    Title: Nametag Bug
    Reproduction Rate: ???
    Blocker? no
    Details: Nametag bug appears to still be going. Cannot see guild/party member's nametag in the same scene standing next to me.]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16275
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 6084
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.705.Date.11.22.17
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Jaanaford
    Area Display Name: Jaanaford
    Loc: (-70.1, 33.2, -141.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9KYWFuYWZvcmR8fCgtNzAuMTA5LCAzMy4yMDQsIC0xNDEuNDQxKXwoMCwgLTAuOTYxLCAwLCAwLjI3Nil8LTEyMC4yODg0fDE0LjQ1MjUzfDE2LjAyMTkz

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Grrrr. This is not one of my favorite bugs ;) I'm referring to all nameplate issues, but with party members particularly.
    I have not been able to repro it since we patched this last. Before that fix, we could. Screenshots may possibly help, but if anyone finds any rhyme or reason as to when this does happen we'll gladly review that info.
    It may be something as simple the order of when they enter the scene or when they join the party. I think we got some of the name plate issues fixed, but clearly still happening under very specific scenarios.
    @Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Sorry I didn't take a screenshot but there wasn't much to show.

I invited two players to a group. They both ported in to Jaanaford. I could see one nameplate, but not the other.

Perhaps that suggests it has something to do with what the missing-nameplate character has equipped?

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Jaanelle DeJure
    That's possible. There can be so many factors here: if they partied in that scene or before they have zoned, etc. If someone is not seeing nameplates, I'd like to get as much info on that as I could including their UI settings (interface tab). Also curious if resetting the settings to default will automatically make them appear again...I'm keeping my eye out for more info as people find this issue :) Getting that repro case will definitely help us pinpoint the problem.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

OK it just happened again. Had one party member, and had just switched to FO and ported. Nameplate was gone. However- I tried restarting my client and that brought the nameplate back!

[​IMG]

6. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

ok now no nameplate again. I was in scene first, they ported in. Came back on client reboot.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.