Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] NPC spawn in troll encounter

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Echondas, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

1/31/2018 2:58 PM
    Title: NPC spawn in troll encounter
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: After killing the trolls, the ecology researcher (possibly all possible NPCs?) didn't spawn and start running towards the bridge, until I got close to the North Overworld exit .. So if you killed the South troll first, you may never notice the NPC unless you decide to cross the bridge and get within sight of the North exit.
    Steps to Reproduce: Kill the northern troll, then kill the southern troll - wait to see if an NPC approaches you/crosses the bridge - they won't - cross the bridge and get within eyesight of the North overworld exit, and they will spawn.

** update ** -- looks like sometimes the NPC will spawn by the Southern exit also - so the reverse of this could also apply.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: RandomEncounter_Alpine01_Road/Troll
    Area Display Name: Snowy Mountains Road Encounter
    Loc: (70.3, 79.0, 10.2)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0FscGluZTAxX1JvYWR8VHJvbGx8KDcwLjI4NywgNzguOTk2LCAxMC4yMyl8KDAsIC0wLjY2NywgMCwgLTAuNzQ1KXwtMjc4My40NzV8MjEuMjU2NjR8NS42MTU5ODY=

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm not sure if there was a delay here, but killing north one first, then south, spawned an NPC at the south location - visible to me.
    The problem for you was the delay in spawning - or just spawning too far away?
    @Echondas

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lexie Could have just been a delay - I was there several seconds after killing the troll - and then when I started crossing the bridge, and the exit came into view, the NPC spawned, and started running towards me.. so possibly just a delay, but it seemed more of a trigger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.