Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Oracle Confirmatory (POT building) can't close the door

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Moiseyev Trueden, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

9/3/2017 12:13 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Unsure (will test again tomorrow when I log in and update with screenshots if it reproduces)
    Blocker? no
    Details: The door opens but then is no longer able to be closed (mouse pointer doesn't change color to indicate it is interact-able). Not sure if it closes automatically after time as I was not able to stay on very long to test. Will update this tomorrow when I have more play time (sleep beckons).
    Steps to Reproduce: Go into POT placed oracle building. Open door. Try to close door.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16328
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti GPU RAM: 3013
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.656.Date.09.01.17
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Lux Sanctuary
    Area Display Name: Lux Sanctuary
    Loc: (-242.5, 26.2, 298.0)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8THV4IFNhbmN0dWFyeXwoLTI0Mi40NjMsIDI2LjE5LCAyOTcuOTk0KXwoMCwgMC4zMzgsIDAsIDAuOTQxKXwxMDkuMzYxOXw3LjQ5MDI5MXwxOA==

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Tested again this morning (green highlight around mouse when door is closed)

Checking various spots on the door after opening (no response to double clicks or E key, no green highlight around mouse)

So it seems I can upgrade reproduction rate to 100%, but I'll hit a few other POTs and make sure it isn't just Lux Sanctuary that is glitched.

Also, waited and it does close automatically and green highlight around mouse appears again once door is closed.

And my screenshots are useless as they don't show my cursor (and not sure how to make the screenshot show the capture to reflect the outlines...)

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Moiseyev Trueden
    I don't know if this is good or bad, but I am unable to repro. I am able to open and close that exact same door without any issues.
    I do suspect this could be lag related. I'm getting 30 plus FPS in this scene by using /debug, but I know with some if they are around 17 FPS, it can cause interaction delays in general, in any scene. It is particularly noticeable with doors.
    Or perhaps things look better for you in build 660?

edit: I kept closing and opening the door over and over again from each side, while moving, standing still, etc.

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Thanks for checking. I'll head there again tonight and test to see if issue is still happening. I don't think it was lag related as the E key opens the doors that are affected by lag and the double click issue. Only other thing I can think of is I had a large red spider as a pet, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it (I didn't think to test with it put away at the time).

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Moiseyev Trueden
    We've continued to investigate this on our end...several weird random reports of doors in various scenarios. None of them were easily reproducible when we wanted it to happen - of course ;)
    BUT I bring good news. One of our tech guys caught something.
    I hope once this fix goes live you will see an improvement

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.