Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Path of Love / Malce Dungeon Broken

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Baratan, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

6/6/2018 5:55 PM
    Title: Path of Love / Malce Dungeon Broken

Blocker? Yes

Details: Samael's Regret blocks my path in Malice. Searches in earlier topics indicate I'm supposed to have him with me in the Dungeon. There is no way to summon him or ask him to follow.

Steps to Reproduce: Complete Necropolis and meet Samael again in Ruins of Midras then send me to Spite to ask about Malice. Askign around leads me to Samael who leads me to Yama. Yama leads me to Charon. On the shore Samael is nowhere to be found and when going back to Spite and speaking with him he tells me to meet him on the shores of Malice. He isn't there. Yama just gives me a key and doesn't offer any secret way in or passage despite the dialogue indicating that he would. I find Samael in Malice speaking with a Ghost. I have exhausted all dialogue options with both of them, explored all of Malice that I can and there is no in-game clue as to how to pass Samael'd Regret. Forum searches suggest having him with me to pass it, there is no way to summon him. I have no summoning whistle for him.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16299
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills03_MaliceEntrance
    Area Display Name: Shores of Malice
    Loc: (-183.1, 13.6, 73.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwM19NYWxpY2VFbnRyYW5jZXx8KC0xODMuMTIxLCAxMy41OTYsIDczLjE3Nyl8KDAsIDAuNDcxLCAwLCAwLjg4Mil8LTMwMy43NDA3fDcuNjg0NjE4fDMuOTc2NTU5

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Baratan, i believe there's a step missing there. you're supposed to meet him in brookside at some point. i'm not too familiar, though: that was put in after i completed malice.

3. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

That would still be abug though, wouldnt it? Nothing in-game mentioned anything about Brookside, I went to Spite to ask about Malice as he instructed.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, it would be.

5. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I even left Malice, went back to Spite where Samael was, talked through him, Yama and Charon all over again. Went back to Malice and no dice.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i had an issue with this.. stupid question. How did you get to malice? if you enter "the wrong way" you dont get put in the quest version and sameal wont be in malice.. you may also need to get far enough into malace to find him

7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I went in via dialog with Charon the Ferryman. I did find him inside Malice, but there is no way to have him follow me or progress passed Samaels Regret.

8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

You won't find him on the shore after all; one of the NPCs tells you at some point he went ahead instead and to meet him inside. That's where you found him with the ghost. You said that you went through all the dialogue interactions in this encounter. But what is it telling you to do if that encounter has not resolved? That's very important to know. Is there a piece of the conversation that is looping that doesn't make sense that you can share?

@Baratan do you also have your quest items hidden in your inventory? (Cog icon for inventory)

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  9. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Quest Items are not hidden, I'll report back on the dialog when I'm in game.

Lexie likes this.
  10. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I suddenly had the option to tell Samael to "Let her go" which allowed him to rejoin me. I dont know what changed between then and now.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.