Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Path of Truth - Quest Stuck

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Satyr Hatter, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satyr Hatter

Satyr Hatter Avatar

Hello,
    My Avatar is stuck at the very beginning of this quest.

I have the Bonesteel Dagger and went to Aerie to "Take the dagger to Aerie" and after talking to the proper NPC I was told the next step, but my Quest log will not update.

Only thing I see preventing it is that this account already 1 Bonesteel Dagger in the bank (unknown) and also another that I got at BloodRiver.

I think this quest being stuck is due to this and I cannot remove any of the daggers as they can not be deleted.

Please advise.

Thanks,

-SH

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Satyr Hatter
    I've not been able to repro this. But it is weird that you have two bonesteel daggers....I'd grab the one from your bank so you have both on you. Did your journal log update with the new conversation?
    What does your task log say right now?

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

I am also having this problem. I took the dagger to Kyle Behrand in Aerie, asked him "bonesteel," and the game text told me to take the dagger to Vertas to show it to the elves. However, the quest journal itself still has the task "Take the dagger to Aerie." When I take the dagger to Kiakis in Vertas, he tells me to take it to three different elves in town, but the quest won't advance in any way because the quest journal still says "Take the dagger to Aerie."

Interestingly, I *also* have two bonesteel daggers. One is in my character inventory, the other is in my bank in Elementum. The reason I had two is I ran across this quest very early in game and found it much too difficult to complete, so I threw the first bonesteel dagger in the bank. Since I can't delete either dagger, I'm sort of stuck with both.

Edited to Add:

I took your advice given to the other person, grabbed both bonesteel daggers, and hailed Kyle in Aerie again. Even though the game text tells me again to go to Vertas to show it to the elves, the quest log itself still doesn't update - the task is still titled "Take the dagger to Aerie" and when you open the journal, it gives you the flavor text still about the magistrate and how Kyle can identify the dagger.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  4. Satyr Hatter

Satyr Hatter Avatar

Exactly

[​IMG]

No

Same Result = Quest will not progress

[​IMG]

-SH

5. Satyr Hatter

Satyr Hatter Avatar

@Lexie , do you need any further information?

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Satyr Hatter
    I've send you a friend request in game. I think this is one of those things we need to see further.
    @Ajivani
    Please send me a friend request in game as Lexie.

For both of you, I need to follow up with Attenwood. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys.

7. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

I also have this problem, Ive progressed through the quest in a previous revision of the game and got to the end of the quest before it was finished, but then as I did the other 2 paths and acquired the fragments (mace and necklace), I was sent to this quest line and it seems to be bugged for me also at the Kyle Blacksmith part..... but I also have the old quest line still in my journal (Travel to Jaanaford), the weird part is that I went to him, got exp and gold but quest didnt update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.