Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Performance (FPS) drop at Filthy Stag in Ordinis Mortis

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Violation Clauth, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I've been trying to watch to give feedback on Unity update and kept my /debug open while going to well decorated places (where I find most people struggle with framerate).

I dropped into the low 40s, which is very low for me, at the Filthy Stag. While circling my camera around to verify it was NOT the row lots around it or the crafting pavilion... it appeared to be either the planters behind or around it.

Inside I was greeted with a message (ERROR, red, OH NO!) that it could not load a wax cylinder (oh, phew, who cares my music is off... probably because I have music off; however, unsure so it's worth mentioning); however, the framerates did not fluctuate the same as when turning my camera outside.

Walked back outside, checked warnings to find this message:

BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
    The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
    If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "PlayerTownPlot001/port_HousePlotHedgeWalls_flowers_corner_modular_5m(Clone)/port_HousePlotHedgeWalls_flowers_corner_modular_5m"

When OFF the lot and facing away from the Filthy Stag I get a solid 60fps. When I turn around and look at it I get a huge drop to 20-30 fps for 1 second then it averages 40fps.

This is the worst performance spot I've found in the game so far... yet to do camera spins in Brittany Central though... I'll head there next... don't tell @Minerva! (oops :rolleyes:)

Minerva likes this.
  2. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

:) You are a funny guy!

Well do we need a party for a true stress test?? That can be arranged :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Violation Clauth likes this.
  4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

on live: Area: Ordinis Mortis (POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Ordinis Mortis) Loc: (-91.4, 55.0, 397.9)

Did this test on QA though.

EDIT: to be clear, I don't see the errors / warnings on live... only in QA

5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Good to note that outside there is a clear 14-15 fps difference when running the two clients side by side here...
    [​IMG]

Note: on QA I already took of light cloak and turned off names to try and help with FPS

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I see this is still provided as needs info but I provided it... any word on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.