Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Rapid Shot

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by GraveDncer, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Rapid shot sometimes doesn't work. The animation kicks off and goes through its process but no damage on the MOB. So far its about 30% of the time.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please include location coordinates and enemies where you're seeing this issue occur. Thank you.

3. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

All through Verdantis shardfall, it was on the water elemental s and the and the obsidian elementals.

Area: Verdantis Shardfall (Novia_R8_Swamp02_VerdantisShardfall) Loc: (-342.6, 86.8, 14.1)

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted: 38588

5. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

also happening in the

Area: Mysterious Swamp (swamp01) Loc: (165.7, 19.1, 126.6)

6. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

also happend in ulfheim on the bears to day

7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Are the archery animations working in general? Rapid, aimed, autofire?

8. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Also Multi-shot doesn't' seem to do any damage unless I'm inches away from the mobs/melee range. pretty much everywhere.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  9. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Just got the rapid fire bug here:

Area: Serpent's Spine Foothills (Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMinesEntrance) Loc: (130.9, 60.1, 111.1)

Bandits of all types, and near here: Area: Serpent's Spine Foothills (Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMinesEntrance) Loc: (-124.8, 58.6, -72.3)

NO ranged attacks worked except disabling shot! Not even basic ranged attacks were registering.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  10. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

It seems to happen in not flat areas, possibly while checking elevation target <-> enemy. I do Multiplayer mode.

11. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

there might be something to that, I can sometimes take a few steps "down hill" and then shots start hitting again.... but if I move back, notta.

Chatele likes this.
  12. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Also happening in Greymark Forest. No elevation factor that I can see.

13. Rational

Rational Avatar

This happens all over Deep Ravenswood - about 25% of all rapid shots do almost none of their damage. It happens far more often when rapid fire is the first skill to be used on a mob, but it sometimes does work as the first skill. It works much better when the mobs are in melee range - almost never fails at this range. Sometimes one cast will do full damage and the next one will do no damage. I notice this very often because I only have aim shot and rapid fire in my deck right now for damage. Feel free to whisper me for a demo - it happens regularly enough that I could show a mod.

Update: It targets something that cannot be seen on the screen but if the game realizes that the thing you have locked is still there, the next cast may go to the proper target. The 'no damage' casts are usually when there are multiple things on screen - and you can see the arrows doing massively weird patterns in the air. Sometimes the 'first' shot of the rapid fire will hit, but the rest will die in the air (you can see them 'sticking in a target' that is literally just air). Rapid fire also fairly often 'switches target' even if you have something manually targeted in a group of thing.

This is happening in single player only, friends only mode with me as the only person in the instance, and multi mode.

Computer specs:

Nvidia Geforce 1080 GTX
    Intel i7 4820K CPU @ 3.7 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 10
    50 Mbps Down / 5 Mbps Up Connection

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Happens at least 25% of the time. Elevation can be immaterial (or at least, so slight as to not be noticeable on the screen). Just seems to be an overall bug in the spell.

15. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I don't have rapid fire in my deck right now because it hits less than 50%. It seems a sync problem between client <--> server. when you shoot, sometimes hear no sounds. but you can hear the arrow sound 10-15 seconds later like they would stay in the air not finding the target.

16. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

yes seem to me wen i use it i have to get target on topp of me befor i even try rapid shot
    if i do that it work oki for like from 5-10 mins if alone if in a party with an othere archer i get problems allot faster
    way i fix it is to logout then hit resume then it work again for like new 5-10 mins
    seem to me like i just get severe lag issue if i hunt with a archer in an party with me i dont know if its to much arroves or what but befor 37 i never had this issue

this was in mutli only i prefer to hunt in multi

17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm playing in single player online, so it is not multi only. It does not seem elevation related either... Sometimes if I run up the mob while it's still firing, I can get a few hits in with it. This is a major pain, as it is a significant part of my archer rotation and I'm also working on leveling it up. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.