Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] skill in deck automatically charges

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Timmy Vortex, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

When i press the button (or in my case linked to a mouse button) to combo a spell (trip in this case) and run forward at the same time; it starts overloading for no reaason at all, at the end when at 5 i can't seem to use it either and pressing another skill button in the deck cancels it.

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I reported that couple release ago when heat got in... Its really annoying. Sometime i just click the skill fast to heal or whatever and it just start charging no spell being cast.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Timmy Vortex
    Sounds like the special sauce here is using the mouse. Can you describe your set up on how you have it bound? When you press your mouse button to combo does it not matter how brief or quick your click is? And you are pressing the mouse and running forward at the exact same moment, all at once - not one before the other?

4. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I'm using a Steelseries Rival 500 with a SOTA template. The button "c" is now binded to a mousebutton. It doesn't matter how long it takes for me to use the combo button (i tried combo button and waiting 30 seconds)..the moment i'm running and press the mousebutton and afterward the skill it starts overloading.

5. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Yep, happens to me when I'm running forward and I click a glyph to cast a spell. Instead of casting it, it starts charging it. Usually I'm pressing the W key and I click the glyph with the mouse cursor when this happens.

6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Well i have no special mouse i just click the glyph directly too and it does that.

7. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

You are hitting the "Start Combo Glyph" hotkey (default is R). If you click this before hitting a LOCKED glyph, it will charge until you reclick the glyph to cast it (can only be used by clicking with the mouse when this happens or it stays charging. Also, it wont cast the 5 stack, it will only cast a 1 stack.)

11/24/2017 10:27 AM
    Title: Clicking "Start combo glyph" on a locked glyph causes it to charge indefinitely and cannot cast the 5 stack when fully charged
    Reproduction Rate: 5/5 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Clicking "Start combo glyph" on a locked glyph causes it to charge indefinitely and cannot cast the 5 stack when fully charged
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. log in
    2. click "start combo glyph" (default is R) -> click a locked glyph
    3. notice the glyph starts charging and cant be stopped except by reclicking "start combo glyph" and fails to launch the charged stack
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz (4) System RAM: 8055
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 2019
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.705.Date.11.22.17
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains01_Road/HumanRS_Tier2_HiddenVale
    Area Display Name: Plains Road Encounter
    Loc: (-46.2, 29.5, -47.7)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAxX1JvYWR8SHVtYW5SU19UaWVyMl9IaWRkZW5WYWxlfCgtNDYuMTYxLCAyOS41NDQsIC00Ny42OTgpfCgwLCAtMC4yMzYsIDAsIC0wLjk3Mil8MTIuNjM5NXwyMC4zMDZ8MTQuOTE0OTU=

@Lexie

Let me know @Timmy Vortex , @devilcult if this is what you are trying to explain :D
    I may be wrong here

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.