Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Stacking combat skills not working well when using numbers

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Kaffien, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    4/29/2018 2:28 PM

Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: When you are in combat holding a combat skill with a mouse works great to charge it.
    When you hold numbers instead the first two charges or so work but once you're on to
    the third locked down glyph it doesn't register the charge, nor does it attack singularly until you
    let go of the key and press again.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Try to use 3 -4 charged attacks (different locked glyphs) in a row using the number keys.
    This works fine if you use the mouse to charge 4 attacks in a row .

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 16319
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.Win.64.769.Date.04.27.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Tenebris Harbor
    Loc: (-146.9, 54.2, 113.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgtMTQ2Ljk0MSwgNTQuMTg4LCAxMTMuNDk5KXwoMCwgLTAuNjA5LCAwLCAwLjc5Myl8LTMzMTQuNzk1fDIuNDU4NDI1fDUuMDg3MDA2

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I want to make sure I understand: I have locked glyph charging with the number key (in this case it is on #5) so when I hold it, it charges. I did this repeatedly, waiting for some of the them to come off cooldown so I can keep charging them.
    I'm seeing the same behavior with the mouse.
    I assume you are using different spells since you cannot have the same glyph locked more than once.

What am I missing here? Can you try again in the next patch to see if you observe the same behavior?
    If it still happens, can you break down step by step with what you are using? What combat skills? I used Break Armor.

@Kaffien

3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Ok i'll try to clarify.

All skills I'm using are locked.

press and hold 1 to charge "Skewer", release. hold 2 to charge "Push" skill then release to unleash attack. press 3 to charge "spinning attack", then release to unleash attack.
    push 4 to charge puncture, then release to unleash attack. push 5 to charge Trip, then release to unleash attack.

You have to release said button that doesn't charge and then press it again to get it to charge. When you're getting hammered , this delay can be life and death for your avatar.

When going through that cycle, one of them will not charge when you press it down. It won't even perform the attack when i release, not even one stack. It can be any skill.
    Obviously since all are locked you will not be using duped skills, all are different.

Hopefully this makes more sense.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Lexie,

I tried to decipher your comments and have a couple of questions, as what you are seeing is probably working as intended.

What you haven't mention in your report or clarification is how soon after you release the key are you pressing the next key. After releasing the first key, lets say number 1, there is a global cooldown that should occur. If you try to press any key to use a skill during the cooldown, nothing happens. This is the normal behavior. If you try to charge a skill during the global cooldown, the key press is thrown away. This is the normal behavior, for keys.

The mouse acts the same way. If you try to use the mouse to start charging the next skill while the skills are on a global cooldown then nothing happens. The new skill you are trying to use won't charge right away. If you try to use the mouse to harge a skill while on global cooldown, you have to press the mouse button a second time to start charging.

This is the behavior I've seen since charging was introduced.

Sio the sequence is
    1) press the key for skill one
    2) wait until it is charged up
    3) release the key
    4) wait for the global cooldown to end
    5) start charging the next skill

If you try to do 5 before 4 then you will have to press either the key for that skill again or press the mouse button again.

Keep in mind that the global cooldown varies for different skills, so the time you have before pressing the mouse button (ie. the global cooldown) might be shorter than the time it takes to move the mouse and press the button, making it seem like their isn't a time delay. But watch the global cooldown time and you'll see whether you can move the mouse and press the button before it come off of the cooldown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.