Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] "Static" sound whilst in scenes

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by E n v y, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Since the patch today I seem to get a "static" noise through the speakers whilst in scenes/overland map. I don't get the noise whilst the game is loading scenes or at the title screen.

I have all my volume sliders in game at the minimum. I also have the tick boxes clear.

I didn't have this issue before the last patch. I don't get the issue whilst the game isn't running.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I am not able to repro nor have I seen any other reports of this yet. What kind of steps have you completed so far to troubleshoot? New patches can sometimes reveal underlying issue that didn't necessarily happen before. Sound drivers, grounding a cable, something may help improve this for you. At this point there can be a few possibilities here. I don't have any information on the type of machine you have so right now so this would be a shot in the dark. Do you have a headset or another type of speaker device you can use to help you with the process of elimination? Narrowing down the problem would be my first recommendation. Sounds like it works find with your operating system, but have you tried other games as well? What kind of sound card to you have? Plus some /bug info may help here. Thank you.

@Envyodb

E n v y likes this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I was getting the following static (at 12s I close SotA)
    https://instaud.io/1sEO

Managed to fix, swapped to a different mic output and refreshed some drivers. Seems to have worked.

4. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Aha, a mic connected to a mic port was causing the noise.

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I had the same problem - I had a lot of static but it started in the kobold camp where some other sound weirdness came about - where it had gone from pretty darn quiet to rock club loud (like louder than Id ever heard this speaker achieve, and with overall on low and effects on low) it started with tweeting birds and rain in the kobold ... but also a large amount of static.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.