Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Still synching fails after P522

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Lanfire, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanfire

Lanfire Avatar

1. Title:Asynchronous party play / also single multiplay
    2. Reproduction Rate:100&
    3. Blocker? prevents playing
    4. Details:
      Get out of synch from party after 5 minutes of play. Partyleader at the time, got invisible to rest of party. was masterplayer. all mobs ignore, take damage from invisible sources.
      In MP without party, all skills from ranged tree stops working. they fire, use focus and arrows, but doesnt hit target. Yet generic autoshot hits and do damage. SPells hit from across the zone, wierd graphics when casting spells/shooting
    5. Steps to Reproduce:play 10+ mins
    6. User Specs:
    7. OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
      CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16267
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M GPU RAM: 4025
      SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.522

2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Great, isn't it?

This is why patching near the weekend is just bad...
    I will never understand why they don't patch on Monday or Tuesday...

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is there any chance that party members in your group, or folks in the scene, may have mixed clients? If anyone with 521 was playing with you in 522?

4. Attenwood

Thank you for the feedback.

5. Lanfire

Lanfire Avatar

Tried again today with one other. HE invited me to his party, both on same update. I had some degree of synch issues but seem to correct itself again and again as it gre to a certain point (some skilsl failing/doing nothing, I had to stand RIGHT ontop of a mob to hit it/for it to start attack me etc) While the master player had increasingly worsening effects that never got better untill I left party. (rapid fire stopped working, used focus and all but didnt show hitting or do damage or missing) mobs got into ignore everything mode.

It feels fine for the first 10-15 minutes than gradually worsen. the more people in party, the faster it happens. Moving apart from eachother seems to trigger it faster. the error doesnt seem to affect the non master players much, compared to master player. To test, we try trading eachother. when trade window pops up, it immidiatly closes again. Some time we may see eachother, other times only one can see the other, usually finding the invisible one running heads on into a wall/tree/rock. Sometimes with legs bendt 90 degrees from upper body, or floating

When out of synch occur, I see white lines instead of arrows, crisscrossing tbetween me and the target, and bouncing of target. looks liek lazerbeams. And spells seem to hit from across map, "healing beams" coming from thin air targeting me

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  6. Attenwood

Which scenes were you seeing this in? Which enemies were you fighting?

7. Lanfire

Lanfire Avatar

FIrst Twins Foothills, then North Ravenswood

8. Lanfire

Lanfire Avatar

update: Seems synching issues describe in original post is fixed, now its more of a latency issue. Tested with ful group, EU players like me are having bigger problems than US players n same party. The issue with skills not working, is rather latency, as they pop the damage all at once after about 40 seconds to 1 minute. Entering/exciting the scene works to get it back on track for me, but it grows worse again over time.

9. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Lanfire, sounds like the original issue of remote players not being synchronized with respect to their positions has been addressed.

We would like to hear more about the latency issue your party experienced during combat. If it occurs again, please start a new thread. Include a video of the play experience, and/or include the time that the issue occurred so we can look through the logs. Thank you for posting.

10. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

It's still around, but not quite as pernicious. We had a desync this AM, patch level 522. There were eight of us in Wynton's Folly, going after the phoenix. RL locations in Scotland, Australia and various US. It was the Aussie (IIRC) who got desync'ed. All other seemed OK, and he 'caught up' after (I think) doing a blink.

11. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

I checked with others in the group, and the player with issues was having an actual network problem. Not a server issue.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Attenwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.