Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Taking "Green" Item in Central Brittany triggers guard to call me thief.

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Rowell, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Red arrow over an object means that it is private, and you should not take/steal.
    Green arrow over an object means that it is fine, and it's okay to take. (it is not a private object).

The sacks located near the COTO Robot merchant in the Port area of Central Brittany, I mouse over the sack and the arrow is green. i open the sack, take 1 Metal Scrap. Guard accosts me, calls me a thief, and fines me 25 gold.

Are sacks and sack contents following the same rules for private/public items in terms of take-ability?
    If not, they should...lest confusion ensue and people get fined for stealing items they thought were tossed aside as unwanted. (ie, cursor should turn red on sacks/containers that are considered private).

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Rowell then you clicked the "steal all" button and didn't read that, perhaps?

3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Did not see a "Steal All" button.

Point of my comment was basically if the items inside a container are considered private, then the cursor moving over the container should turn red. Otherwise, there is a UI/feedback inconsistency between loose items that turn red if they're private, and containers if they contain private items.

Rentier likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If the item in the container is marked private, it doesn't really matter what the container itself is marked as. I don't think there are any differences between a public and private container at this point, but there might be at some point (i.e., snooping in a private container might be finable or lower your virtue).

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I need this location please, this is a big scene.
    Any chance you can use /devbug at the location and report those results back to me please? Just to make sure we cover the right spot and review it properly, including the UI elements. Thank you.
    @Rowell

6. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie AFAIK that behaviour is common with all containers,
    they all show a green arrow for opening but then if you see the contents you need to see the "steal all" button...
    but if you use the key to open and loot there is no question "do you really want to steal" - and here comes the fine and the virtue hit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.