Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] XP loss in POTS

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Cryodacry, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

1. Title: XP loww in POTs
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: see below
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Cast Torpid Torment / Chatotic Feed Back / or equip a Shield of the Wicked King and watch hp go to 0.
    6. User Specs: n/a

If your hp in town goes to 0 from shield of the wicked king / Torpid Torment / Chaotic Feedback .... while in a POT you still loose xp. Found this out on a dummy when playing around.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

about XP-loss: every skill use trains some passives and that skill if u didn't turn them all to maintain

about 0HP: no glue at all....

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Ouch.
    Just in case it is tied to that specific map name, what scene was this in? /bug will reveal the map template name and a whole bunch of other details that may help.
    I certainly don't expect others to try to repro....
    I died in Novia Market, high adventure level, god mode off, and no xp was lost from adv pool or from the skills. Did you have any pets out or anything of the sort? I assume you went to an ankh. Did you go to a chaos shrine? Knowing how you rezzed might be a useful clue (maybe)
    @Cryodacry
    Sorry about that!

4. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Actually i was stuck inside my own castle and had to log out and start on world map.... maybe that was the issue ?

Since then an Ankh has been installed at the castle.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Ah ha. You probably got hit with the death penalty bug for zoning while dead (which brings you back to life.) It didn't detect you were in the PoT for your death because it went by when you rezzed. I think I see what happened now. Was there no ankh you could get to in the scene or were you physically stuck inside the castle? Did /stuck not work? Also all basements should have an ankh inside.
    Think I'll still need to write this up though. Although you were rezzed by arriving to the world map, the dev should take a look and see if something can be done for those who died in PoTs.
    Let me know how it went down and I'll add your info to the bug report.
    @Cryodacry

6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Chaotic Feedback + Shield of the wicked king killed me while testing.... couldn't res so i tried /stuck which didn't work maybe because i was dead? Logged out and logged back in to see if that would fix it. Still was dead. Logged out and started on world map.... boom ... xp gone.

7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

So the test was successful then ;)?

8. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Yes ... it was very successful =)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.