Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Initial bank item limit

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Balandar, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

If you have purchased add-ons you may have more items in your bank than you do space after a wipe. When the final wipe occurs this will force players to either 1) save gold and buy more bank slots 2) spend new money for bank slots 3) wait until their lot placement to move items to house storage.

Will bank limits be revised before final wipe?

Can we have "Rewards" not take space in our bank or possibly add-ons purchased come with a free bank slot?

Otherwise we will need to live out of our inventory until we gain enough gold to purchase bank slots. Not a huge deal, but somewhat tedious.

Edit: Bank costs at each increment: 100, 100, 100, 200, 200, 500, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1700, 1800, 2000, 2100, 2300, 4900, 5200, 5500 Gold... and up.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Hmm... I have noticed in the past that my maximum bank slots actually dynamically increased as the number of rewards increased.

Namely, during the "Melt-down Windows", my bank size increased from 800 to 1500 and then eventually 2300 to accommodate the extra number of reward items.

Have you not noticed this yourself ?

3. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Yes mine gone up to 1000 plus with the add-on store melt down

4. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Hmmm... according to my pledge I get 200 bank slots. And that's what I have despite numerous add-ons. I've taken some items out, but I had 288/200 after the wipe.

[​IMG]

Beaumaris, Lord Baldrith and Abydos like this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Hmm... The auto increase may simply be in reference to when the devs need to reset rewards then.

Fortunately, I am only using 611 of my 800 slots for rewards, so if I ever exceeded that number I could probably be in the same boat as yourself.

I'm with you though : Rewards should not take up slot space until they are transferred to a local bank. :)

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

When a pledge upgrade happens, extra lot deeds aren't the only thing you get. The bank slots also add a whole new pledge worth (I had a lot of slots after I upgraded from Citizen to Edelmann), and I am not surprised that the meltdown resets did that too. (I noticed an extra lot deed this week in my bank that must have been from a meltdown reset.)

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

My default bank slots is 800. The melt-down upped it to 1570 on one day, and then 2300 on the next. That is what I was referring to earlier in the thread.

I get what you are saying though. :)

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, you got 770 bank slots each time. I have no idea where the other 30 went.

But it doesn't really matter, because they're not going to do that after final wipe. In fact, they have realized that they can do it specifically because they were about to have a wipe.

Duke Raas likes this.
  9. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

It would be nice if the same type of item stacked in the bank, for example my tabletop chess set has each piece taking up a bank slot.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

My old suggestion to remove that as a factor and increase the value of addon/pledge stuff was if they didn't count to your banking total.
    That way they could have decreased the limits for all pledgers at the same time, since the free slots wouldn't be affected, while still giving some slots as a reward for loyal backers.
    Unfortunately (according to me) that proposal was rejected.

What instead happens is that RF/F >Ancestor pledgers pluck out most stuff and put in their house, then have huge amounts of banking slots, so will never have to worry about banking again.

While in my model, if addon/pledge items took no banking space while the max limits were greatly reduced then:
    - Even RF/F >Ancestor pledgers would have to worry a bit about banking slots.
    - New collectors can buy/trade for as much pledge/addon items as they want without worrying about bank slots.
    - There would be an additional perk giving extra value to pledge/addon items increasing their perceived worth, driving more sales in the addon store.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  11. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Bank slots are really a problem if you aren't equipped with a lot deed, which is why I hope that room rental will be possible in game soon. I don't understand why people who have lot deeds are having a hard time. Can someone clarify?

The first thing I do after a wipe is claim a row lot. The second thing I do is go out and cut down trees to make boards. Then I make trunks to put things in. Then I can relax and store anything I don't sell right away in my trunk. This reminds me - I bought a public chest during the last release, so I could use that to store stuff in at the beginning (in my locked house), so I don't even need to hurry with making containers.

Beaumaris and 4EverLost like this.
  12. kendaron

kendaron Avatar

My bank slots became way overfull from my pledge and other store items. Given that I will have to wait quite some time to be able to buy a lot once the final wipe occurs, there will be nowhere to store those items! This is going to make playing quite difficult. Something needs to change with the way store purchased items work.

Womby likes this.
  13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I have always agreed that Pledge Rewards and Add-On purchases should all come with a "free" temporary bank slot until you remove it from the bank. If you move it to inventory and/or try it on to see what it looks like, then it no longer has that "free" slot.

That will allow players to help fund the game without being penalized with less functionality of the in-game bank. Some lower level pledges have limited bank space as it is, and to make it worse for them when they buy an add-on store item is just wrong.

Eventually, people will be able to buy/rent a home or room where they can place a chest to store things. But when the land rush happens and some people will have to go weeks without an opportunity to place a lot deed and that will be very hard to keep anything they earn until then due to the encumbrance debuff.

If the rewards/add-ons didn't count towards a players actual bank total (until removed the first time) then they could get by for a couple weeks until they can place a lot or rent space from someone.

Whyterose Flowers and Balandar like this.
  14. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

while i think this went a little far, i do think it is in the right direction.

i've always been an advocate of not having rewards take up bank slots - and that 'slot' it was using goes away once you remove it from the bank the first time... then if you need to place it back in the bank you ARE using a slot.

thing is, they want all these items to be "in the wild" after launch/final wipe, not in some limbo in someones bank..

Womby likes this.
  15. Curt

Curt Avatar

My opinion each add-on/reward should come with a increase in bank space equal to the size the item takes up.

Womby and Duke Olahorand like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yea, but that isn't what happens. Most players will tuck them away in a chest room somewhere - never to be used.

Womby and ThurisazSheol like this.
  17. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

at least they are in the world, not sitting in the bank. some folks purchased the holiday decorations. i'm guessing most won't keep them out year round, so they'd have to store them just like in the real world.

18. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

How will a full house or basement count against bank storage, if it has been given to the bank?
    And yes, I am also for the proposal, that either store items get their separate universe in the bank independent from normal bank slots or that each store item comes with the adequate additional bank slot(s) for the account. Could also increase the temptation to buy more stuff.

Balandar and Womby like this.
  19. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya I'm way over my bank limit this release...I think the lack of stacking and the add-on excess is killing me. I wish they would make all add-on store purchases add to your permanent bank storage.

The set of blocks and pavers take immense amounts of space. My character has 0 gold to set up a chest for transfer...so will be living out of my inventory until then haha.

Womby likes this.
  20. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

one way around it, if real money isn't an issue - get a public cache chest, put it in your house, set your house to closed doors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.