Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Initial bank item limit

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Balandar, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

The problem is when the land rush comes, most of us will be playing for several weeks without the ability to own a house, and with a bank so overstuffed with add-on store items that deposits are impossible. All we will have for storage space is our inventory. I can see people using the inventory of a heavily over encumbered alt as a kind of bank vault.

ThurisazSheol and Balandar like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I even named one of mine "Chest" in one release, then "Llama" in the next. Having not used 'it' yet I'm thinking that "Vault" does have a nice ring to it.

4EverLost likes this.
  3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

1st world problems.
    I was born with 46 of 50 slots used. By the time I needed more space I could buy it.
    I guess I'll have to work on my pledge round 2. Haha

4. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

This is the issue that I am expecting for final wipe. Living out of your inventory until you can place your lot (which for some could up to a month). And it looks like alts will not be available until post-wipe unless you have two accounts (which is what I'm doing)?

I like the suggestion of having an add-on item not use any slots until it is removed/replaced in the bank. But how much work is that from the DEV side? I think it would be far easier to flag a reward item as not taking any space in the bank. It's not technically adding additional slots to your bank and allows us to utilize the bank after final wipe without having to result to alts or selling everything to obtain the gold to get enough slots for a useable bank.

On buying more bank slots... does the price increase or is it always a static 100 gold = 10 slots? Haven't tried past a few hundred gold.

Womby and 4EverLost like this.
  5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

A further idea I just came up with on my ride home :)

Many of my items have 0 weight. Perhaps 0 weight items could not take a bank slot? As a town owner there are alot of extras that fill us up. Perhaps a town supplies bag?

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

that would be useful for pot owners. and potentially for home owners too, as many of the items will be the same.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Ah, thanks for reminding me - at the final wipe no one will be able to claim a lot until their lot selection window starts. I agree - pledge and store items shouldn't be able to fill up the entire bank account.

Womby likes this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

I like the cut of your jib, sailor. A capital idea! :D

Womby likes this.
  9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

that is something i absolutely hated about some games.. i mean yeah, everyone was doing it, but WHY didn't the devs figure something out?
    arenanet at least, in gw2, helped drastically, by allowing up to a full stack of 100-200 of ALL CRAFTING MATERIALS in a seperate part of the bank - and that part was fully accessable at the crafting stations. with their system, it freed up about 120 slots from the banks of most players.

at least they did something to combat the issue.

agra, Womby and Balandar like this.
  10. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Just an update on bank costs.... At each increment for adding bank slots you get +10 slots and +100 weight but costs varies.

Bank costs at each increment: 100, 100, 100, 200, 200, 500, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1700, 1800, 2000, 2100, 2300, 4900, 5200, 5500 Gold.

I stopped at this point as I spent 29,200 gold for +170 bank slots and +1700 weight.

Note, I may have missed a "100" as I had already purchased some additional slots before testing this..

ThurisazSheol and 4EverLost like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.