Inn Room Numbers - Suggestion for Improvment

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

During the last telethon, @DarkStarr mentioned that they were re-thinking the craftable numbers introduced to be able to add room numbers to Inns as the current sets will take Many (I admit I haven't done the math, but I think Many = 4 Sets currently) to number all 15 rooms in an Inn.

So, I suggest that there be an “Inn Numbering” set that would contain:

8x1, 8x2, 8x3, 3x4, and 3x5

This would allow for the room numbers:
    Floor 4: 31 32 33 34 35
    Floor 3: 21 22 23 24 25
    Floor 2: 11 12 13 14 15

Adding 5 more fours would open the option of using an American (or Russian) rather than a European numbering scheme.

Alternately: a set containing 15 numbered ‘tiles’ with the above 2-digit numbers would allow the numbering of inn rooms and use half the deco slots. Or, 20 tiles, with the additional 5 being 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 to again allow for an American room numbering scheme.

Bonus Points: The set could also contain an "Innkeeper" sign either in Runic or Arabic Script to hang over the door to the room on the ground floor.

Double Bonus Points: Additionally, the set could contain a "Basement" sign (again, in Runic or Arabic script, or both) to mark access to the basement, which I imagine, in most inns will be in the 'closet' under the stairs on the ground floor.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I still wish the devs would just give us bronze plaques that we place on doors, walls, bookshelves or on horizontal surfaces like desks. The text on the plaque would be set the same way as sign text is set, and revealed on hover. This would be really helpful for a lot of cases that go beyond constructing an inn -- museums, libraries, shops, and all sorts of RP purposes.

Another thought is craftable runes like the numbers, but I'm guessing the devs wouldn't want people to use them for spam, or dirty messages.

3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

How do Europeans number inn rooms? I really don't know. Also, the new inn houses for sale, have no rooms on the first floor?

Off topic and humorous, I was playing around with the locked doors and rights finally last week. I noticed I can lock and give access to my two outhouses. I can rent those out? One is even serious when you really need to "sit on the throne".

[​IMG]

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Commonly, in Europe, the floor at ground level is the Ground Floor... The First Floor is the floor above the Ground Floor... in the US that would commonly be the Second Floor.
    They have one room on the Ground floor... plus a closet under the stairs, which is where I imagine most will place their Basement Hatch... Especially when more basements designed with room rental are made available. It's what I intend to do.
    Yes... Yes you can. :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Rentier, StarLord and Mykll like this.
  5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I don't see why they can't give us items that display the text without hovering. I'm sure it's a shader and I highly doubt it would impact performance as much as other things we have, like, oh, pulsing lights.

Mykll likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

It could be some decal system I think. And that would be nice to have, yea.

But even apart from something like that it would make sense to provide something hover-based, because for instance you might have a museum display case and a placard could have information about the item in the display which couldn't fit in large text on the plaque and would have to read like a note; so it would basically be a substitute for an actual paper note, which isn't a quite nice way to achieve the same thing.

Mykll likes this.
  7. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Thanks that explains why you started off in the 10s for the second floor, etc. And how adding extra 4s you can then number the floors in their 20s, 30s, 40s. That makes sense. I might do something with my town lot. I got the town lot because I didn't know (very early on) the water lot had no room for most ground decorations, and I am not giving up my scenic water spot.

Which begs the question, when we get basements later on, we will run into the same numbering system. I guess single floor basements can be B1, B2, etc. What about multifloor? Going to have both 10s, 20s, etc. both up top and below?

And, who is going to do it? Who is going to turn their castle lot into a maze of rent outhouses to be used as "slums"?

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...or crypts; those have doors too

Mykll likes this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Outhouses? You mean "villas."

Spoon, Mykll and LoneStranger like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Since they have a throne shouldn't they qualify as castles?

Rentier, Mykll and StarLord like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes. To do this currently, you would need to purchase 8 sets. Not very reasonable.

Rentier and Mykll like this.
  12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

well i have a bag of excess numbers now and no use for them. Numbering the rooms was crazy. And yes it takes up alot of item space that could be put to better use. Need to rethink something for sure

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.