Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Install common maps on our system not have to load each time we enter

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Can we have the main world map and lets say our town that we have our housing in loaded and saved to our own system to reduce loading time when entering game or our home town?

This way only changes made since we were last there need be updated.

Just curious if this would be possible.

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

but what if your PC crashes, and you have to reinstall everything, if it's saved to your PC, you'd lost it ... ???? Wouldn't you? I have had to have windows reinstalled now twice, so was wondering ....

3. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

that map would get reloaded next time you entered area... just set up our system to remember that map.

Maybe have town crier offer a "Would you like a map of this town"?

Or even make the maps you can buy in store save a map to your system so long as you have that map in inventory?

4. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

If the maps were static, I think it would be a great change as well. But, aren't they dynamically updated from SotaMAP? I've wondered if that was the case, and if so, are only those people who pay getting their POT, and such updated and have access to making annotations? I guess I haven't played around with it all enough.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well you're hitting a topic that I think the devs need to consider. What if the SotAMap loads in game slowly? What if the SotAMap site is down? What if you're playing the offline game and have no Internet access?

I still think there are a lot of reasons -- even on top of these few -- why the devs should continue to work on the in-game map system that they started on and not rely on SotAMap integration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.