Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Instructions on Isle of Storms

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Glimmer, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glimmer

Glimmer Avatar

Overall very clear and following directions got my Avatar where she needed to be, but there were some things that need fine-tuning.

- After speaking to Arabella the first time and creating the manifestation of my Avatar in the mirror, I am automagically respawned in the position in front of Arabella. She gives me directions to find the Oracle and continue to “fulfill your destiny”. That text is in white. But after this the text in yellow concerning the Mirror and finding it to fully manifest in this world re-appears.

- When I go down the path to the East and am nearly at the mirror, the message appears in yellow that, “This is the path back to Arabella. The Oracle is behind you, in the other direction. Since I was placed in front of Arabella again after using the Mirror, this is not correct information. Traveling onwards does cause the correct instructions to pop up.

- The dirae prophecy fills so many lines that I need to scroll back up to read it.

- The word ‘BOW’ is in the dirae prophecy and it is underlined. If clicked, it likely will ‘jump the gun’. I did not try to click on it.

Net likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks, will try to repro spawning in front of Arabella but in all our internal testing you spawn in front of the mirror after resetting.

We may just have a book with the prophecy in the Oracle confirmatory to avoid the problems you mention.

3. Acred

Acred Avatar

@Lum and @Attenwood

This just happened on my other account, so to both my Glimmer and my Acred Avatars. My Avatar landed in front of Arabella after doing the manifestation part at the Mirror.

I have a 9 to 10 FPS and in some scenes Glimmer only had 8 FPS. No idea if that affects the reappearing after the Mirror scene, but I thought I would report it.

7/17/2016 4:19 PM
    Title: Instructions of Isle of Storms
    Reproduction Rate: twice
    Blocker? no
    Details: I talk to Arabella as a ghost, go to Mirror and manifest, then respawn back in front of Arabella
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 6144
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 GPU RAM: 979
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.372.Date.07.15.16
    Area: IsleOfStorms
    Loc: (47.1, 17.9, 27.4)

4. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Perhaps pointed signs along the paths would be better or easier than onscreen messages. As I followed along the instructions, thinking I was going the right way, when a message appeared informing me something was down this path, I thought I was not going the right way and turned around, only to discover I had in fact been going the right way to begin with. For example, when I left the Oracle, so it was behind me, I got a message the Oracle is down this path. Perhaps so, but not in the direction I was walking. I can see first-time players becoming confused where they are to go.

Also, after I first talked to the Mysterious Woman, and had used the mirror already, she tells me to gaze in the mirror, speak with the Oracle, then enter the rift. I decided I must have missed something and was supposed to use the mirror again, but discovered I really didn't want to do that. If the Mysterious Woman could detect whether we are in ghost form or not and omit the instruction to gaze in the mirror if we're in a body, that would be more helpful. Or perhaps each stop only tells you the next step?

Acred and 4EverLost like this.
  5. StoneLeet

StoneLeet Avatar

I just started on the Storm Isle and after visiting the mirror I too respawn infront of Arabella. When I start to move down the path, the white pop up message in the middle of the screen tells me to turn around you are going the wrong way back to Arabella. Which is not the case, it is the path needed to get to the Oracle.

7/18/2016 3:44 PM

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 24575
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.373.Date.07.17.16
    Area: IsleOfStorms
    Loc: (44.5, 17.9, 24.4)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.