Instrument buffs now useless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kain Darkmoor, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almar

Almar Avatar

Either way, I'm voting with my wallet. After this patch I'll be giving the next telethon - or whatever it's called now - a big miss.

manowarh and bloodydragon like this.
  2. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Instead of punishing everyone, they should go after those using macros screwing the rest of us over. I do not like the idea of hurting the masses for the actions of a few. Limit the total to 1 or 2 instrument buffs from party, or to just 1 if you are playing your own and someone else wants to play theirs. There has to be a better way. I really believe you should be able to play and refresh your buff ANYWAY... its only 30 seconds, instead of having to wait till the end of the buff to recast it... and then it still not triggering (recasting buff) a decent amount of times when you want it to.

Im a heavy armor user and I primarily use Fleet Flute to get around, esp in combat, and swing a little faster with bludgeon. Taking this away truly sucks as I only have a couple other options for movement, like potions of wolf speed, which isnt terrible but i lose out on attack speed, and Berserk (the one from tactics line) that will increase my damage intake from tanking, which im always melee tanking. So not very viable in most situations.

I think this idea should've been thought out more, discussed more, and tested further before implementation. There is no way anyone who tested the combat instruments thought, "Woot! Now it doesn't even work! This is great!". Should have something that flags those people macro'ing with 3+ instrument buffs cycling/swapping instruments before hitting everyone in my opinion.

Almar likes this.
  3. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Yeah, this will be so cool.

4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Its a bug, no need to stress :)

And yes PLEASE expand being a bard! skill tree/craftables/ext !!!!

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Lace like this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

6. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

They are putting bugs in the patch notes section now? Unless Chris has clarified what exactly he means somewhere that I missed?

Almar likes this.
  7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I wish we had an bard tree and could make instruments.. the whole artifact thing annoys me big time "Yeah player made gear is the best" ....sure.. exept artifacts....

8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Well ill take that back and say its just not set in stone right now. Its not gonna stay how it was, but a good place fr all i feel will be found.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

So...

Diab Blackbow-Today at 5:14 PM
    w@scroda Instruments now only apply buffs when playing them. Since you can't attack or run while playing an instrument, Fleet Flute is worthless... Especially if Fleet Flute only buffs the player still.
    Atos-Today at 5:24 PM
    Just checking in before some guests arrive. "Fleet flute nerf" is a bug, AE's don't work on some critters (ring of fire on kobolds, trolls, others)... anything else crazy happening
    For those who missed it earlier, we had some serious bugs in the build that went live yesterday morning. We had several bad builds in a row and at 9PM last night, the best build option we had was what is live now. Known that there are a few issues like instruments and minor AE stuff.
    Diab Blackbow-Today at 5:26 PM
    Fixed an issue where buffs from instruments were active while the player was not actively playing the instrument.
    Atos-Today at 5:27 PM
    @Diab Yep, and that will be rolled back
    Atos-Today at 5:27 PM
    But we didn't want to fail the build at 9PM last night and do another one
    It needs to get back to the original design. You have to play it for a few seconds before it starts, but then you can put it away.
    BUT not the state as of 24 hours ago where you play one note and it triggers for 30 seconds

Lace, Almar and Jaesun like this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

I still think R53 > R52, despite the problems.

11. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

This will be fixed in a Monday patch.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Now watch for a musical instrument to be in the livestream rewards, haha.

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorrry, this is all my fault. I just finally got a fleet flute, so it's only natural that it immediately becomes useless.

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Mh. Seems I missed the memo that instruments actually give buffs. The idea itself is giving me the creeps. It means we have player applied buffs in-game that aren't part of a skilltree. That's what I call madness, not the nerf of the buffs themselves.
    If you want to do a useful system, borrow the system from swg. With skills and xp and all.
    @Chris

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Spoon and Gorthyn like this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

I accidentally bought the discordant lute off a player vendor, lol.

I feel your pain

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  16. Almar

Almar Avatar

[QUOTE="Brugas, post: 1017635, member: 118240". Should have something that flags those people macro'ing with 3+ instrument buffs cycling/swapping instruments before hitting everyone in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Or, put a fix in that only allows one musical buff to be active on a character at a time. Each new one overwrites the old one.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Really? With the focus problems playing a little on your harp of invigoration will give the soothing music buff to you and your party to help bring back some health and focus a bit faster. And while of course we don't have an extended music tree that could be very interesting indeed. Imagine learning to be better at soothing the group, our plants, our pets, even our enemies.

So while we already have an awesome music system to sync songs together we could get another dimension to music with a music skill tree but later of course since we already have much to do before thinking of something new to do but later we can think on it. I love that we at leaat have this small part of the usefulness of music atm and included with that the other is the fun entertainment part too.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Really.

majoria70 likes this.
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Chris - If you are going to make fleet flute (or any instrument) require more than a quick note to activate the buff on the "fix"... can you at least allow us to refresh it while it's active?

In other words, if I play a couple seconds to get the buff, start running along the world map and start playing it again at the 25 second mark (and with the buff still active, still move slightly faster than normal while playing it)... a few seconds later the 30 second buff refreshes and keeps it active.

At least that way we can keep it going full time on those long runs and it won't feel like it's a stop and go thing.

20. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Hopefully today's patch will fix the things that were broken from the last patch. This Release has been one of the worse in a long time. One would think after "Release" that new updates wouldn't be such an issue. Keep your fingers & toes crossed that today's patch lets us be able to play normally again! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.