Insurance ?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Stevro, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Full loot has a scope that can be controlled by other means than insurance. Insurance is a safety net for people that do not wish to have risk with PvP.

Setting a tighter limit on carrying capacity and burden, what you loot takes more thought. Should you be able to wear a set of full plate armor with a few weapons and then loot someone else's full plate armor and weapons?

Possibly, but the odds of you sprinting away if someone came running over to you to lighten your load a little is not likely.

Na, I say make it so people have to decide if it's worth the risk of looting and carrying all that extra load around until it can be stashed away.

Insurance is an answer to a different problem but breaks a system that people want. It's for the people that do not want to PvP and risk that kind of loss. Systems to allow those people to not PvP is what they need. Those that do want to PvP should have their full loot PvP. Just don't let them be able to carry 6 weapons 3 sets of armor 99 of every reagent and still be able to out run someone at a full sprint.

2. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

In my opinion, if you agree to open PVP and keep your PVP flag on, there should be risk involved which includes losing your items if there is going to be a loot option. If there is no looting, then there is no issue, but if you are open to the idea of PVP, then insurance would be nothing more than a safety net which, again, in my opinion, dulls down the idea of PVP.

fantalio likes this.
  3. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

There you go then, you're absolutely right. EVERYONE left for the same reason you did. Ignoring the fact that the new equipment grind invalidated all the existing equipment, the sub fee went up substantially and the graphics changed on equipment (elemental colors) that spoiled immersion, but yeah keep on keeping on.

Everyone in Felucca apparently had a mass tantrum and quit because they were no longer able to blatantly burgle corpses.

Sir Avorin Swftslay likes this.
  4. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yes of course im right. They left for the same reason i had cause they all had the same playstyle and that playstyle wasnt in UO felucca anymore. EA killed that playstyle with Age of Shadows.

Why stay to play a game you dont recognize anymore with features you hate?

Age of Shadows killed felucca UO, every guild i played against left and not just some of the guildmembers but all of them in every PvP guild we fought. Some left instantly, some in weeks and some in some months.

I am not ignoring anything but the reasons you name is very far from the real reasons players left felucca. I mean graphics? Sub fees?

And if you read abit up i already mentioned the new gear that not just was a never ending grind but even worse made PvP gear dependable. With the right gear you could as almost a newb kill almost any other player that didnt have good gear. Fast cast gear made newbs almost unkillable if you lacked gear.

So insurance, gear based PvP, grind that favored tamers and a new skillsystem was the main reasons players left.

Old UO was destroyed and the game went to become just another WoW game.

5. Stevro

Stevro Avatar

Untill you ran out of cash you mean!

tradyblix likes this.
  6. Stevro

Stevro Avatar

Players left UO because it got old/outdated.
    hardcore pvp players left because there was no one left to kill
    there was no one left to kill because they were all hiding in Tram

at the end of the day Tram killed UO because there was no more risk.

7. Ara

Ara Avatar

Players did not leave UO cause it got old or outdated and that was also the reason why so many continued to play that old game through private freeshards. They played pre-AoS felucca on freeshards. Age of Shadows february 2003 killed felucca, nothing else. Making UO a item based WoW game with insurance had that negative effect, trammel didnt change anything to the worse for PvP players.

Post-trammel combat system was also a way better and more balanced PvP system so there was no reason whatsoever for real PvP players to leave a game that had improved.

There were just as many if not more to kill post-trammel (far from everyone went to trammel and new players that seeked the PvP thrill entered felucca, not trammel) but the ones you had to kill was players that had consented to PvP, which was good. Killing battle ready players was also way more hardcore and took alot more skills.

That felucca was abandoned after trammel is just a myth coming from players with no experience of that era or players with an agenda which say: full loot games never works, just look at post-trammel UO.

Felucca after trammel was the by far best era when it comes to UO PvP.

Insurance (ransom) dont go well with old UO PvP players (the ones that played Richard's old UO game) and many of them wont take part in SotA PvP cause of just that reason.

Full loot is an option that need to be available since it will make SotA a more successful game.

plmarcondes and fantalio like this.
  8. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

Insurance? Sure, why not. In game, I would like to get coverage with Progressive using the "name your price tool". None of that Jake from State Farm stuff

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  9. Ara

Ara Avatar

Agree.

plmarcondes likes this.
  10. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yes insurance killed felucca UO. That and item based PvP.

And it is very sad the proposed ransom system is something very close to the insurance system that killed felluca UO. It is like we old UO PvP players isnt wanted in SotA.

11. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

You do know that WoW part ONE didn't have insurance on items, right? I mean, I agree that nobody here wants to play WoW in it's current incarnation, or they would be doing so, but it's not like WoW is now or ever was what UO became. They are wildly different games.

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Did you know 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance?

13. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

Everybody knows that. ;)

14. Pedro Luis

Pedro Luis Avatar

Please... no insurance... that (and some other changes) ruined UO, that ruined immersion, and can do the same here.

I ve been reading many players claiming changes to make the game more "easier", this can totally ruin the immersion of a game ... if you have a great sword that took weeks to forge or to find it, take really care of it!

15. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

and no powder of fortifying

16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I LOVE Lower Reagent Cost and Insurance from UO.

*Prepares for the storm *

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

lrc was nice but in my opinion it ruined uo. why even have reagents then?

Time Lord and Stevro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.