Interesting stuck experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I logged off near the entrance to Mud. When I logged back in I found myself just off the coast, near Mud entrance underwater (which was invisible). I could not move, so instead of relogging I tried the /stuck command. That corrected the problem somewhat because I was placed by Twins Foothills, still on overland.
    Thought it was interesting enough to share.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a bug. loading into the overworld puts you at the center of the hex you were in when you logged off, and it sound like that hex JUST overlaps the land. it needs to be adjusted so you can't stand in that hex at all. @Sannio

Time Lord and Aldo like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Aldo I need to know the location you logged off so I can fix the issue with the invisible hex that Alley Oop mentioned. Go as close as you can remember to where you logged off near Mud, type "/loc" in your chat window, then paste the contents into a reply i this thread, please.

Aldo likes this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I recorded the location with the /stuck command, so it should be on file?

5. Sannio

I don't have a way to look up your account's "stuck" command uses, and the one way I can look up stuck uses in Novia isn't currently showing any use of that command. Truly, the best way to tell me about a bad location is to send me your /loc coordinates.

Aldo likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i was able to repro it exiting to menu from
    Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (-297.122, 11.51, 426.303) DBG: Tm92aWF8fCgtMjk3LjEyMiwgMTEuNTEsIDQyNi4zMDMpfCgwLCAtMC41ODQsIDAsIC0wLjgxMil8NzIuODczMjJ8NTYuODM4OTF8NDA=

i was able to escape without stucking by using a boat to a pot

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I was not able to duplicate. I was on the dock by the red sail boat to Novia. Clicked on the boat and appeared in normal spot just outside of Mud. I immediately clicked on my recall scroll when I ended up on the floor of the ocean. It looked like I was on the Mud side of the map, but under where water was supposed to be. Could not escape so used the /stuck command and came back on the shore near by Twins Foothills. Did not expect to appear clear across the map, thus the escape. I had not moved prior to trying to recall, was in the spot that the red sail boat sent me on the overland before recalling to the bottom of the sea. @Sannio

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  8. Sannio

Thanks for the extra info. I blocked the bad hexes so players can't log out there and get stuck. The fix will be with an upcoming patch.

Coswald_Dirthmire, Aldo and Anpu like this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Interesting. This explains some of the times in the past when I ended up in the water beyond the coast of Novia. But some of those times were from different temporary bugs that put me in the bad location.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.