Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

INTERFACE: Cannot Change Key Binds

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by caioz1jp, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caioz1jp

caioz1jp Avatar

Title: Cannot Change Key Binds

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? No

Details:
    I have been unable to change my key binds in the options menu. Every time I click to change a key bind the box instantly fills with "Joy 1 Axis 4 Negative".

I have tried administrator mode for all parts of the application. I have tried Windows 8 comparability mode with no success.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Open options, Open controls, try to change key bind.

User Specs:
    AsRock Z77 Pro 3 Motherboard
    i5 2500K 3.3ghz quad core (OC to 4.2 ghz)
    8gb Ram
    Nvidia GTX 950
    Microsoft USB Key Board
    Razr Naga MMOG Mouse (RZ01-0028)
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Windows runs off a 250GB Kingmax SSD (SATA)
    Game runs off WD 1.5TB HDD (SATA)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@caioz1jp try unplugging your Joystick and do the keybind again...your system seems to think there is a joystick active

3. caioz1jp

caioz1jp Avatar

I have no joysticks or game pads plugged in.

4. caioz1jp

caioz1jp Avatar

Changed my mouse to a standard two button scroll wheel mouse and had the same issue

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@caioz1jp
    This is odd. We do have a few known issues with joysticks and peripherals but if you don't even have a joystick, hmmm.
    Do you have any software installed that manages any of your controls? I assume you use Synapse.
    Since swapping out the mouse didn't narrow down the issue, you may want to consider a re-install of the game. I assume nothing looks broken or stands out to you in device manager?

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Do you have any peripherals? Just a thought, but my Razer Orbweaver allows you to map joystick movements to it, so my thumb "hat" is configured to act like a mini-joystick, and I've seen similar things if it gets tapped or bumped while trying to map commands.

Does your computer have Bluetooth enabled? Try disabling it, as it might be picking up a signal from something.

If those dont work, open your Device Manager in Windows and look in the various section there. "Human Interface Devices", "Mice and other pointing devices", and "Sound, video and game controllers" can all have items inside that might throw controller codes. If you see something odd in there, you could try disabling it to see if that clears up the interference.

7. caioz1jp

caioz1jp Avatar

Sorry everyone. Have not had a chance to sit down and play around. Browncoat Jayson helped me find it. Under "Human Interface Devices" I had some vJoy drive installed. Must have been from older mapping software or possibly some other programming bits I do. Disabling that appears to have fixed the issue.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.