Internet celebrity endorsements - Felicia Day would love to play SotA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ephialtes, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ephialtes

ephialtes Avatar

K1000, Xee, Sean Silverfoot and 11 others like this.
  2. Lace

Lace Avatar

Oh cool back in the day I asked her about EQ Landmark and she said she wanted to check it out, the devs gave me a key to give to her. I was internet famous in the game for 15 minutes. (I don't know her lol, but love her)

Watching her stream heheh

3. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

If she does, I hope she plays on the down low or we respect her privacy. She was interested in the game from the days of the kickstarter and was a long time Ultima, MMO and LB fan.

I'm not sure if see streams games on twitch, but if she streamed SOTA that would be amazing for the game. However, we need to think about making playing SOTA amazing for her whatever that will be.

Lady Addy, Geaux, Lace and 4 others like this.
  4. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Yes, I was the one that mentioned it to her. I watch her stream from time to time :)

@Datendrache made a little snip of it.

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

Don't forget the Kevin Sorbo thing lol.

Codex, Hercules-Hercules-Hercules (eddie murphy thing lol but yes Hercules/Kevin Sorbo), and if Bill Shatner didn't auction his signed box .....

Who wouldn't join a party with them right? but yeah they need to be on down low heh.

It would be cool though if when first playing if they reached out to Hospitallers or Guilds willing to give new player advice .. we know it can be bit of a learning curve at first.

Jaesun and Geaux like this.
  6. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Some Shroud streamer (or all of them at once) should raid her stream sometime. :)

Zexarium likes this.
  7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

go for it... the game is free now so anyone (famous or not) can play and stream...

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Well...

Might happen after E2.

First lets get some lovely history with poetry

But anyway, back on topic....

So, back in the day Felicia and lots of other Dragons pledged through kickstarter

https://twitter.com/feliciaday/status/310179057302138880

Then both FD and RG was on eachothers radars

http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/nonfiction/interview-richard-garriott/

When they started the early release cycles we got this interview

Then in the year of the release her old nick was taken, and at release she showed up in the credits.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Credits
    Three of her then known mates also showed up for a while using their old nicks.

Also the presence of all the dragons, the promotions on dragoncon and the presence of the dragon's most known guild etc was quite solid for a while.
    Not so much anymore.
    Those with access to the old reports sent to Port back then know a bit more, but such should remain private.

With all of that it is pretty easy to fill in the dots where the emergent figure might depend on your sense of probabilities and preferences.

But as a consolation price, here you have RG visiting geeks and sundry tabletop:

(This is after Legendry bought them from FD but before Wanda taking over in turn).

9. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

A celebrity going through the new user experience of starting out? I would probably wait until it's polished a bit more first. If you look at recent videos/streams of people starting out there is still a bit needing fixing or face exposure to thousands of potential players.

Astirian and Mishikal like this.
  10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

There are several celebs that play various games. Many were playing WoW when it started. Many of them are D&D players as well. I guess someone could reach out to them. How about hitting up the Critical Roll guys and introduce them to Shroud. That would be fun. I know alot of them play online games as well

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@Spoon I love tabletop, Wil Wheaton is hilarious on this show. Plus the episode with @Lord British is one of the best! :D

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.