Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

interrupting a /play with another /play does not stop instruments not used in the second /play

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by Jesterhead, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesterhead

Jesterhead Avatar

4/15/2018 9:36 PM
    Title: interrupting a /play performance with another /play performance does not stop/interrupt the playing of instruments not used in the second /play
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: i have 2 band .txt files. one of them uses 5 abc files which ive assigned to harp, lute, flute, drums, and street organ. the other uses only harp lute drums and street organ (no flute). if i /play the first file, everything plays as expected. If I /play the second file before the first has stopped, the flute will continue to play its track instead of stopping as expected.
    The abcs were generated via starbound composer using an imported midi if that may make a difference. additionally, i am using the 5pc 1-man band and have not tested with multiple instruments/people
    Steps to Reproduce: see details.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 16034
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10 / DRM 3.23.0 / 4.15.15-1-ARCH, LLVM 6.0.0) GPU RAM: 8121
    SotA.Linux.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (112.0, 11.8, 97.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgxMTIuMDE4LCAxMS44MDIsIDk3LjA1Nil8KDAsIDAuNzkzLCAwLCAwLjYwOSl8MTc5LjU5MjV8MzQuNTk2ODV8MjA=

2. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

I have also found this to be annoying, I can only get around it by escaping everytime I want to play a new tune. if I play a song with 5 pieces and then play a song with 4, the instrument that is not being used will revert to the previous song

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.