Inventory mouseover popup

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by moxiepilot, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

I would recommend having a setting allowing the player to control the delay of how long it takes for a pop up to display item information when the mouse is hovering over the inventory item. For example, the popup delay might be default at 40ms, I would love to be able to manually adjust that to 2-3 seconds so that when I am moving items from container to container I don't have to fight with hovering the mouse to see which items I am transferring

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

They are aware of this one. I think it will be able to be toggled off at some point. Probably low on their priority list though.

Asking because you've only been around a few months, and it seems like you might be interested: are you aware that you can get in the QA server at this very moment and do testing/check out next weeks changes?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...50-qa-build-now-available.107946/#post-930665

If you get in there, /devbug instead of /bug takes you to the QA server subforums.

3. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thanks @Vladamir Begemot I jumped on the a server last night. It's going to be a difficult 2 weeks for me to play a lot, but I think I can find some time ;)

Thanks for pointing me in the qa direction.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  4. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Those mouseover popups have irritated me from the beginning.
    The only change I have seen on them is that they get bigger and more intrusive, especially when crafting.
    Wish list and bug reports from me, do not seem to be effective for this.

Sorthious likes this.
  5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

We've suggested changes to this before....I suggested that in order to get the popups you would also need to hold down another key(Like Alt or Control) If you don't have the key held down, you don't get item information. Also, because some items have an expanded list that normally wouldn't display until you held down Ctrl, after 2secs of hover-over the list could auto-expand(while still holding down Ctrl or whatever the activating key is). Any change to the super-annoying method of display we currently have would be welcomed!

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It would need to be two separate keys if that was the case. I use CTRL all the time, I don't want to wait 2 seconds for it to pop up every time.

7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

The 2secs was a suggestion, there could be no delay at all, for all I care. Just a complete list of an items attributes.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.