Invitation to free trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jens_T, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I received an invitation to a free trial. Nice - but I still have my pledge and active account.
    While it’s good that Travian and Portalarium try to reactivate people I wonder if they shouldn’t better target their emails:

People are with active accounts get one email to inform about the activities

People without linked account but on their mailing list receive the free trial invite

People with accounts that haven’t logged in for x weeks/months get a nice email with all the recent changes and an invite to come back

I wonder if Portalarium/Travian does these kind of checks...

Jack SinAssist likes this.
  2. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

I'm sure they just exported a list of everyone who signed up on the website for email updates. I'm happy to see them advertising.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  3. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

That’s also my impression but it’s not smart to advertise something that is of no interest. That’s spam...

4. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Guys,

You might want to update the linked terms and conditions on that page. It links to a generic set of terms from Travian which states (Amongst other things):

• The game is operated by Travian
    • The game doesn't allow trade of in game currency for real world money (Section 10)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.