Ironhall's Victory Ball (November 7th 2020)

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Thoryk Omara, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Unto His Highness of Ironhall, King Thoryk Omara, warm greetings.

On behalf of the court of the Kingdom of Ironhall I write to you this day to invite your most honoured presence at our Grand Ball on Saturday, the 7th day of November. Our banquet is to be held in the Throneroom at The Ironhall Fortress. Any guests you wish to have accompany you are more than welcome to attend. The doors open at 7:00 pm EST and the banquet will be served promptly at 8:00 pm EST. For your entertainment, we will have wandering minstrels, jugglers and jongleurs to sing your praises. Please respond before the 5th day of November, so we may make the necessary preparations . We, as your most honoured host, will accept last-minute arrangements with prior notice to accommodate any schedule changes that may arise. Please advise how many might accompany you.

We hope that you will be able to grace our tables and we await with anticipation your response. If You would be so kind as to contact us at the below.

May your days be joyous and healthy in the days to come. Yours in Service, King Omara and the noble court of Ironhall.
    Dated this 28th day of October in the Common Era.

[​IMG]

@Elgarion @thradia

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Sonja, Leif2, Cordelayne and 7 others like this.
  2. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

What is this in New Britannia Time? IE central time zone usa? Is it starting at 6 pm NBT?

Sonja and Fei Akhart like this.
  3. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

Fei sends a letter addressed to the Ironwall court.

"Your Highness,

I heard about the banquet in Ironhall and I would like to participate, possibly with someone accompanying me.

Best regards,

Fei
    (... the mercenary who lives in Norstead and whom your Highness has recently met) "

Sonja and Thoryk Omara like this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Most gracious King Thoryk Omara,

I do joyfully hope to attend! Your royal banquet sounds like a wonderful event to enjoin during my campaign to raise funds for infirm youth, which takes place during that day. I shall attempt to be there after the doors open at 6pm NBT and attend throughout! With any luck, my Aether Vibration Orb shall be able to record the entirety of the festivities.

Thank you, for your gracious invitation!

Jayson Albrecht

5. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

Lord Omara,

Thoryk, this day is a fortuitist one. Your court invitation arrived nearly the same week as my sister's ship docked in Jade Valley from our return journey home from Ironhall. Our voyage was speedy and free of pirates (sadly, though I'm sure my Uncle would disagree). I am in good health with little to do on the voyage, even the injuries and bruises from the Battle of the Four Dragons in Ironhall are healing and fading.

It was an exhilarating trip and I wouldn't trade it for anything, even if I didn't actually have time to stop for tea at your castle. Playing songs in the Inn after the battle with the heroes was one of the highlights of my visit, but being part of vanquishing the four dragons was unforgettable. All the noble and brave Avatars and Novians who arrived to assist at your call was moving. Then help them to give everything they had to overcome the fierce four dragon attack was truly an inspiration to me.

The SeaByrd's crew enjoyed hearing the new melody that I picked up in your Inn after the battle. You have some very fine bards as companions, Lord. They are a jolly lot. Violet even made up a new dance to the song and maybe one day she will be persuaded to show you. As eventful as my last visit to Ironhall, I am very happy to hear that your Court is preparing for a more peaceful occasion. Of course I'm coming to the ball. I wouldn't miss it.

Please find a guest room for me to stay in at the castle as I will be travelling by magic travel scroll and will not have the use of my sister's ship while I'm there (It has a commission and can not deviate from it's route which is nowhere near Ironhall). I will need room for Violet too, if she is able I'm certain she will want to meet the King of Ironhall even if she can't bring her ship. My tales of the adventures from Laketown and Ironhall are ones she especially enjoyed hearing in the evenings while we told stories and sang songs as we traveled on the sea.

I look forward to again enjoying the view from the music room, and maybe even having that cup of tea with you. And especially I look forward to creating and sewing a new dress to wear!

May all the titans guard thee,

Lily Byrd

Post Script: I have included the Byrd family formal acceptance on a separate sheet of paper below to hand to your steward.
    The cookies are for you. Thank you for a thrilling visit.
    I will bring my potions and my arrows even to a Grand Ball, as I have learned just how frail the peace in Ironhall can be.

For your Steward:

Dated this 28th day of October 2020 Outland Calendar

Unto His Highness of Ironhall, King Thoryk Omara, warm greetings to you, your family, and your household.

On behalf of the Byrd Family we accept your invitation to the upcoming Grand Ball in Ironhall at Ironhall Fortress. Lily Byrd will be attending and I will be accompanied by my sister Violet Green. The Byrd family have passed this invitation along to the Governor of Jade Valley and you may expect the residents of Jade Valley to respond individually as they decide whether to make the journey to the North.

Lily Byrd,
    Head of the Byrd Family,
    Noble Citizen of Jade Valley

6. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

It would be in US Eastern Tim EST.

Sonja likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Doors would open at 6 NBT, and banquet starts at 7 NBT. Eastern is just an hour off.

Sonja, Lily Byrd and Thoryk Omara like this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Awesome, I'll get this in next week's update :) Thanks for hosting another event!

9. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

Your Highness,

I would be pleased to attend your Grand Ball, and look forward to enjoying your company and the provided entertainments.

With warmest regards,
    Jay Nord

(ooc: I'm on call next week, so if I disappear suddenly, or server gods forbid don't make it at all, you'll know why)

Sonja and Thoryk Omara like this.
  10. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

We are looking forward to see the Thane of Norstead once more.

Sincerely,
    Thoryk Omara of Ironhall

Sonja and Jay Nord like this.
  11. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

We are looking forward to host you on this beautiful evening guest of Novia.

Sonja likes this.
  12. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

Violet's ship was caught in a violent storm and we barely made it back to port. I am sorry, Thoryk Omara, I have missed your grand ball.

Sonja likes this.
  13. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

I hope that everyone was safe. We shall see you soon.

Sonja likes this.
  14. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Here are some captured moment of Ironhall's Ball. Thank you everyone who were able to join us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

I remembered to take a couple screen shots early on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sonja and Lily Byrd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.