Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Irritating visit at the cash store...

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by StrangerDiamond, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

@dallas It's been a while but I just went to "shop" on the cash store and do you want to know two things that really grinded my gears ?

1 - The prices are way too high for some types of items. It's as if I was being charged the materials used to build the digital items. This gives a very counter-intuitive view of the whole experience. If you're going to ask me to 10$ for a fence, and ask me 22$ for a high fence which is basically the same model yet stretched, thats bad in my book. Really bad...

2 - When its easy to do there should be multiple options in purchasing certain things : for example you could have a regular raven pet @ 5$ and the white raven @ 10$... but not only the white raven at 15$ !!! Could have a cordovian flute @ 5$ and a crystal flute @10$, right ?

When you can easily just reskin the model and have more happy people, please do it !

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

The pricing isn't terrible, imo, though some items are higher than I would pay. I agree that the interface is really clunky, and needs to be streamlined for multiple purchases.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

the pricing model makes some things more rare than others. my housemate (a brand new noob) has the most basic pledge, and i was just explaining to her what a rare item is, and that even though she doesnt have house, she has an icebox of snowballs. in 3-4 years irl, that box of snowballs will make her character very significant, and wield a degree of power and influence in the culture of the game.

so yah, if people are buying one thing less and the other more, then the thing bought least is that much more rare and significant in the game culture. it is the ultima-ish way ;). i prefer it this way, my gears are oiled not grinded. i cant wait until they release some neon beard and hair dyes :p.

...also just bought my prosperity tools! going to be so glad i did that in a few years ;).

Dreamo84 likes this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

When I read you and look at your avatar pic, I can totally picture it talking, you're kind of in another world are you :p

Ahem. you've got me wrong, many of these are convenience items, don't try to create rarity from a meta-gaming perspective or things are going to get much, much worse.

That works for children I'm sure, but I'm not sure they should be the target demographic here :p

Besides, your gears can still grind even if they're oiled. :p

I live in the present moment, on earth and I would think many of these items would be well priced if only there were cheaper options with different skins as I said in the OP.

5. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I think of it like when a charity is raising money and they'll give you a t-shirt for a $100 contribution.

Atogrim, Beaumaris, Duke Raas and 2 others like this.
  6. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

in most cases different skinned versions are already achievable in the game or through a pledge reward. You're just paying for the convenience or special appearance.

I honestly don't think the prices are bad, especially considering they can all be traded in game which means you can essentially buy in game gold.

Plus they have stuff on sale all the time

Shadow and stratigos like this.
  7. Selene

Selene Avatar

I'm really glad they cleaned it up and organized it a little better. Great work on that! :)

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Why is everyone talking to me like a child... I have been playing online games since the internet was invented.

I know its like a charity... 0.o

You guys can just continue to ignore my OP. MY FEEDBACK + the cheerleaders this post seems to magnetize = unhappy ahu.

The pricing scheme and noone on here should treat me like a child, I'm not stupid !

9. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

We aren't ignoring your op. Just disagreeing with you. And I'm not sure how that qualifies as being treated like a child.

I'm sorry no one agrees with you so far.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

How are you sorry... I mean you don't disagree with me you just say the total opposite while ignoring my point.

Really you just skimmed over everything I said.

11. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

That is disagreeing... I don't think the prices are too high. And I don't think they need to offer cheaper options.

Mekong likes this.
  12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's not, but keep it on topic and reply to the arguments of the OP. If you have a completely different opinion that does not target this issue then logically you create a new thread that says : "hey devs, I think your cash shop items are so well priced, that I'm like, you know, amazed."

You are out of line angry potatoe.

I'm not mad, its just that I think the model is insulting roleplay wise. A freakin fence that is a bit taller is not more expensive because you have more virtual stones in it.

I'm not budging.

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The pricing for the house fences seems fine to me. You can also make craft your own wooden or stone walls in-game if you don't feel like buying from the stores. I do see that some items are quite pricey, but I did not bother with them since I don't really "need" to have any of them.

For non-combat pets, I guess I wouldn't hurt to have more variety and add some tier pricing to them.

At the end of the day, all these purchase from the add-ons store items go to the game development itself.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

EXACTLY ! I'M LOOKING FOR REASONS TO SPEND.

But this is insulting to me, I had 20$ to spend, and I ended up spending only 5 $ and feeling insulted for completely vanity items...

"pay by the pixel" model without any ingenuity.

It's wrong and you know what I played for hours earlier, and I was so angry that I even forgot to try out that flute I just bought.

Bow Vale and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  15. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

He did.

Then you called him names.

You also were condescending to Stratigos.

So, perhaps you should keep it on topic, in your own thread.

Unless you want the topic to be about your apparent inability to be disagreed with. Then carry on.

Otherwise, I personally think the prices are, overall, acceptable. Maybe a bit on the high end.

And I agree that a taller fence with the same texture shouldn't be more expensive, if priced by the amount of effort it took to modify it from the shorter version. But, we're paying for appearance anyway, so if judging pricing based on perceived effort to create it is a thing for you, (which it is for me) then it's still a legit disagreement. Voice your opinion with your words and wallet, I guess.

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

But this thread is NOT asking for overall people feelings on the prices, its a very specific issue.

Thanks for being at least the first person not to ignore my argument !

It's a thing for me, because it shows the devs want to please us, the loyal honored grandfathered backers.

When I see an abberation like this, of course I might get mad and be a little condescending if I see someone is not even interested in reading my OP and obviously plays a bit unfairly.

My wallet is so light that I could tie it on a rope and start flying... so no luck there. To me thats one eyesore and one other example that some quite important parts (made to attract more funding) of this title seem to be quickly done and without much regard to form or ingenuity.

All I'm asking to be happy is feel the love. You love a higher fence ? you want to pay 5$ more to have a bird being able to perch randomly on your feeding post ?

Some things are quite easy to do = low price, some other things are harder to code = higher price.

Until you have enough people that bought it so that it paid for itself, then be fair and lower the price while changing the skin to make sure the more expensive models are still rare.

But don't attempt to create artificial rarity or lose me as an enthusiast.

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Ahuaeynjgkxs

Cool down man. Its one thing to be upset at the addon store but to take it out on other posters is simply counter productive.

I read through the topic again. None of the responses were out of line, none of them treated you like a child.
    Instead they treat you like an adult that could be reasoned with. The irony then is that after your accusations and name calling you are forcing them to treat you like a child throwing a tantrum. Making it s self fulfilling prophecy.

Fister Magee and Sara Dreygon like this.
  18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Glad you had fun with it Spoon... I am an adolescent throwing a tantrum because I can't post a single thread without people generalizing my purpose and saying the total oposite for no reason.

If anyone had adressed my OP and not talked to me like they knew what i'm thinking, or give me a preferential treatment because they know how hard headed I can be... things could be different.

I am just saying this is offending to me and the reasons, if you want to generalize and congratulate the devs for doing a great job then by all means do so in the multiple other threads that are open and or create a new thread.

This is my feedback and I will not be tamed !

Even less now...

19. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Hi there,

This doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't your OP define what you are thinking? Perhaps the misunderstanding us just due to a language problem? I know it happens quite a bit to me, an American living in Norway. I often think the sentence in English and then translate it in my head before speaking it. Sometimes the Norwegian translation conveys a whole different meaning that the one I originally had. Just a thought...

In any event, as to the original post:

It may be a little irritating to some, I can see that. But 'really bad'? Not from my point of view. It may even provide a benefit by encouraging diversity. To some folks it may be worth the $22 for the big fence, for others like yourself, not so much. So we get a town with a greater variety of fence types.

I dunno about your raven example. I would think that simply changing the color of an item shouldn't change the price. My vote would be black raven and white raven = same price.

Cheers,
    Cornfellow

20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed... some might light the low fence because it shows their lawn better, so for them they would pay more. If I like the high fence then perhaps I'm ready to pay a little more, but not double !

I mean, yes, its really bad, as if someone completely detached from the passion of the game was chosing the prices.

I agree with you, but for convenience or vanity objects, I think pets should have different degrees of rarity, but lets not push the envelope here, people are welcome to their opinions in this thread !

People who say I disagree with you Ahu because I think all color pets should have an equal price because that would encourage diversity in the game and I like that. Thats marvelous and I spend my time liking comments like this made by people who aren't afraid to come in, step over the negativity and be constructive about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.