Is anyone else having an issue where they cannot enter anyplace from the world map?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KidTwist, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidTwist

KidTwist Avatar

I have rebooted my computer twice. I have a fast system and great internet connection speed. I can move on the overland map, but if I try to teleport or enter an area (Crag Foothills for example), it will ask me what entrance I wish to use, then just freeze up while the blue circle spins. I also switched over to Friends Only mode, and the same thing happens, I go to countdown and when it reaches ), It just spins/freezes. It worked fine this A.M. but has not worked for me since the new patch

2. oplek

oplek Avatar

I have been experiencing similar issues.. having to repeatedly restart the client because it suddenly hangs permanently.

Edit: In my case, its' trying to leave places... or open large containers.. or anything with a lot of transition/network needs.

3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Same issues here. Also both scrolls turned to red and I couldnt TP or recall. Relogging several times did help.

4. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Same issue for me. Anything but overland crash my game. Sad i was just returning to sota after months off. And i just gave up after 6-7 crashs.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Have you filed a bug report?

Bankee likes this.
  6. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

I reinstalled to try this release. Can't zone into over world. Check bug forum, known issue....... Release 48.... mind boggling

7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Chris acknowledged this specific issue during the community livestream this afternoon. He said it was to do with unity settings/error spam they had tweaked to optimize performance and that they will be turning them back off, since they trebled the crash rates. Hopefully this patch that just came out will fix it?!
    Edit: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202152378 about 51 minutes in

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Cordelayne and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Not sure if this latest patch fixed the crash rates for above posters. I crashed earlier today after zoning out of one of those over map Troll encounters, and have not been able to play since. It gets stuck on the loading into game screen.

9. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I have not had the crash once since the patch, and I was crashing almost every scene change before, so something is better for sure!

10. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Fixed for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.