Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is anyone else taking a lot more damage this release?

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Echondas, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This is on the level of a major change that would have been reported in patch notes. Since all of the signs/markers of a major change are absent, this screams bug. I don't have a GPU so I can't actually go /bug it properly... soo.... if one of you guys would be so kind to make a report as to mobs having eaten too many wheaties and are now "Bauss" mobs so much the better.

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

If that is where they are heading, it would sadly mean, time for me to find another game to play.... I am a solo'er, only group rarely with friends, my choice .... Hope you're wrong...

eagell, Hunter OfSouls, Nikko and 3 others like this.
  3. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Archer monsters piercing shot probably negates all avoidence like a player skill. Thats my only though. Also mages that once spammed heal now replaced with more damage casting spells. Melle mobs should be the same.

Nelzie likes this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Me too... I mean, I want to group, but... I'm limited in hours to play with my busy life and raising a child. So, solo is mostly what I do.

Chatele, Nikko and Solazur like this.
  5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I've just noticed fights going faster. I seem to both take and deal more damage. My water effects also seem to much more noticeably slow opponents.

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm not noticing that I'm doing any increased damage - seems about the same - but archers seem to be stinging a bit more. Unsure what this could be attributed to exactly nothing in the notes really explains this - ?

Chatele likes this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I tend to agree with the observations here. However being a solo player myself, using the same build all the time, I have mixed results since the patch. It almost seems that some play sessions my toon is just not effective and takes major damage. Other times (after restart) I am back to my usual effectiveness. My own crits vary with the play session. Sometimes I swear I get practically no crits until I relog.

8. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

After reading this thread yesterday, after I got home from work I did sieges and some other high tier areas and had no problems. I took things down as effectively as I always do and I resisted or healed through the in coming damage just like I always do. Did not feel any different than before R49. Do not know what created your experience but mine was fine. :) :)

Lord Ravnos, Aldo and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

For what it's worth, this is what a beraga in Ulfheim does to me at level 86 (he is yellow to me):

[​IMG]

So this guy has about a 75% crit rate on me, and I have around 600 hitpoints. You'll notice this screenshot was taken while I was dead. Prior to this release, he'd get me to about half health.

So yeah, crits seem to be way up - mob crits, that is.

Vaiden Luro and Numa like this.
  10. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Ajivani likes this.
  11. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Seeing both mage and archer human mobs critting some 50-60% of the time in this zone. Consistently/mob to mob. Deffinitely seems like something aint right. (build 716)

Ajivani likes this.
  12. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This needs to be looked at. Badly.

14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I do think crits are up as well...And I'm all for it as it has made combat much fun for me this release.

Rise Archers can get many high crits in a row, However with good use of fortify defence the damage can be negated quite easily. When fighting archers for me it is paramount to get defences up and running asap, so as soon as i enter i am waiting for a critical hit and then i use fortify defence, this cuts down the massive damage spikes u get for 30 seconds by 60%(used to stack for reducing chance of critical hits) for my only 89 in Fortify defence, with death shield and hots i can then generally be at 90%+ health with a few drops on occasion against 2 of them or even 3. If i don't get my defences up and running before concentrating on doing damage to them its touch and go you can survive even with pumping heal spells. Fortify defence is your friend when used timely.

The game is pushing us i think to be more reactionary to what's going on, spells, damage being dealt at us and making us use counters, It was difficult before to know when you have been critted, but now it is quite easy , big red shiny numbers on the screen with a louder hit noise ( Thwerp for arrows) gives both visual and audio clues when to activate the counter. I'm all for more of them but for a counter to work well it has to be locked on your deck really......need more combat slots +2 please!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  15. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

If they want to increase crits, thats fine. Where in the patch notes is it? Major changes like that need documentation. Having to adjust play style around how the game is acting that day/that patch does not give a consistent and enjoyable experience and instead feels buggy and unfun. As you point out, there is a mitigation strategy for those with the loadout to accomodate it. Cool. Where is the documentation that crits for mobs got changed? This thread is showing a consistent experience for players (seemingly) without patch notes to support it. /Works on the bug report.

Ajivani likes this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I can also add that archers seem more powerful now. My success with sieges is directly related to how many archers show up. I did one where very few spawned, and I didn't die once. Next time, I got a bunch of archers, and I died four or five times at each catapult. The red lich mage at the end was easier than the orange archers.

Ajivani and Bankee like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If so then it only applies to NPC archers, because I only got nerfs this release.

Chatele likes this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorry, that was what I meant. I'm an archer too; if all archers had gotten stronger, I wouldn't be struggling with them. :)

Chatele and Barugon like this.
  19. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

I am a pure cloth caster (weep for me, the devs hate me in particular) and at level 87 fortify defenses, shield of ice, and defensive stance I am still getting murdered, when last release killing the same group of mobs in the same zone was doable.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've discovered that I get better results from casting Dodge after Defensive Stance. If I cast it before then I get less of a bonus. You might try that with Fortify Defenses and see if you get similar results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.